Killzone 2

K.os Theory

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it will turn out to be good and not all hype.

I thought the PS2 original was bloody awful and pretty much unplayable. Hence my caution over the sequel.

The Haze demo should be downloaded when I get home though. Hopefully it will be decent (although I have heard it is certainly not great).

I need a nice new FPS to get to grips with

The Haze demo should be downloaded when I get home though. Hopefully it will be decent (although I have heard it is certainly not great).

Downloaded and played yesterday and really wasnt impressed, im hoping it was just the level that was letting it down.

Downloaded and played yesterday and really wasnt impressed, im hoping it was just the level that was letting it down.

Agreed. It was ok but didn't blow me away by any means.

I'm still buying it though as there is sod all else I want to buy at the moment. Plus it will be nice to actually use the PS3 for the first time since xmas.

*awaits disc reading problem*

I had to clean 3" of dust off the ps3 pad before playing, dont know if i'll buy though as there are some good games for the 360 and Wii due out soon.

Will have to start saving now if I want rock band (£140!!!).

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully it will turn out to be good and not all hype.

I thought the PS2 original was bloody awful and pretty much unplayable. Hence my caution over the sequel.

I need a nice new FPS to get to grips with

looks like haze won't be it then...

IGN review below :

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/875/875229p1.html

ouch..

I have already cancelled my pre order

*puts dust cover back on PS3*

I am now glad Haze turned out to be crap. As a substitute I picked up Resistance Fall of Man for £15 and really like it, in fact the first PS3 game I have actually liked.

True it has no originality whatsoever and is basically a mish mash of Call of Duty, Halo and Half Like but frankly that is exactly the game I was looking for. And only 6 months to wait for a sequel. Nice

Now if only my Dualshock 3 pad would hurry up and arrive and I can get rid of the stupidly lightweight Sixaxis pad

• 2 weeks later...

the battlefield bad company demo is available now on PSN, downloaded it last nite and had a very quick blast this morning before heading to the office. First impressions are very good, nice to look at and the destructable environments certainly keep you on your toes...the demo is both a single and multi-player. In the absence of FPS's at the moment I'm looking forward to this... :D

been hammering away at the Battlefield bad company demo ( on the ps3 ) for a good majority of the weekend, the single player looks to be good fun, but the multiplayer is pretty fooking great. The ability to blow holes in pretty much everything makes for very tense matches! well worth a download if you're into your shooters! :D

Wasn't keen on the Battlefield demo. The bloke you are controlling seems to walk around like he has shat his pants so the control just feels wrong somehow. It may just need a bit more time though.

Got Haze for £15 on ebay as well. Can't wait to see if it is as bad as people make out. If so it is going straight back on ebay, hopefully making a profit in the process

• 5 months later...

Archived