Killzone 2

K.os Theory

new videos of Killzone2 for your perusal...

looks absolutely fecking amazing!

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7380_en.html

:D

Plays absolutely fecking amazing too K.os, at least the multiplayer does anyways!!! Been playing the beta for the last month or so, and this is definatly going to be one to watch come February for the multiplayer alone. If the campaign is half as good it'll be a contender for Game of the Year next year :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
new videos of Killzone2 for your perusal...

looks absolutely fecking amazing!

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7380_en.html

:D

Plays absolutely fecking amazing too K.os, at least the multiplayer does anyways!!! Been playing the beta for the last month or so, and this is definatly going to be one to watch come February for the multiplayer alone. If the campaign is half as good it'll be a contender for Game of the Year next year :)

me jealous...yeah totally! :(

Can't wait for it, this is right at the top of my most wanted list. all the previews that i've read have been saying it's the best looking title on any console, and it plays like a dream. Roll on February! :lol:

• 1 month later...

the reveiw embargo was removed last nite...

lots of high scores which isn't surprising;

eurogamer - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/killzone-2-review

IGN - http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/949/949161p1.html

this little review however was...

http://blog.360magazine.co.uk/uncategorize...llzone-edition/

27th February, prepare to be "Killzowned"* :lol:

*i'll get me coat

ok first impressions...

It's a very very short demo, but by christ does it look good!

when it comes to shooters i've been spoilt by the amazing handling and shooting physics COD has brought to the table ( it's the benchmark of console shooter in my eyes ), so I was hoping that Killzone2 would be able to live up to this mark...IT DOES! :D

The weapons feel ( there's a real sense of weight ) and sound great, there's no auto aim ( that i noticed ) so you've got to be quick to zero in on your target and fire in short controlled bursts. The animation of the reloads is fantastic ( probably some of the best i've seen on a shooter ).

The cover mechanism works really well and adds a nice dynamic to the firefights, no running and gunning here peeps. Hit cover pop out take a few enemies out and then advance. One thing though I don't know why they didn't have an option to press the cover button once to snap you to the cover rather than having to hold the cover button all the time ( maybe this will be in the final retail verion? :huh: ).

Unfortunately in the demo there is only one difficulty level, and over the course of 5 or 6 playthroughs I was seeing the Helghast apply different tactics ( flanking, good use of grenades to flush me out of cover ), I'm sure on the tougher difficulties they'll be even smarter.

All in all a fantastic shooter, i can't wait for the release to sample the campaign on a tougher difficulty and the multiplayer is being touted as a cross between COD4 and team fortress.

Smile PS3 owners, the console may have just finally come of age! :D

One thing though I don't know why they didn't have an option to press the cover button once to snap you to the cover rather than having to hold the cover button all the time ( maybe this will be in the final retail verion? :huh: ).

Im pretty sure I saw a checkbox for this in the options menu iirc.

ok first impressions...

It's a very very short demo, but by christ does it look good!

when it comes to shooters i've been spoilt by the amazing handling and shooting physics COD has brought to the table ( it's the benchmark of console shooter in my eyes ), so I was hoping that Killzone2 would be able to live up to this mark...IT DOES! :D

The weapons feel ( there's a real sense of weight ) and sound great, there's no auto aim ( that i noticed ) so you've got to be quick to zero in on your target and fire in short controlled bursts. The animation of the reloads is fantastic ( probably some of the best i've seen on a shooter ).

The cover mechanism works really well and adds a nice dynamic to the firefights, no running and gunning here peeps. Hit cover pop out take a few enemies out and then advance. One thing though I don't know why they didn't have an option to press the cover button once to snap you to the cover rather than having to hold the cover button all the time ( maybe this will be in the final retail verion? :huh: ).

Unfortunately in the demo there is only one difficulty level, and over the course of 5 or 6 playthroughs I was seeing the Helghast apply different tactics ( flanking, good use of grenades to flush me out of cover ), I'm sure on the tougher difficulties they'll be even smarter.

All in all a fantastic shooter, i can't wait for the release to sample the campaign on a tougher difficulty and the multiplayer is being touted as a cross between COD4 and team fortress.

Smile PS3 owners, the console may have just finally come of age! :D

Pretty much sums up what I thought after playing it last night. Loved it. :)

Not impressed, the demo felt very sluggish and unresponsive compared to other FPS games.

Perhaps it is something I will get used to but I certainly am not paying full price for it. Pre owned in a month of so following the release for me

Was listening to the 1up guys talking about it on the podcast, said the speed made sense if you played it more like Rainbow 6 than CoD4, it's a slower paced tactical shooter rather than a run n gun.

See Edge only gave it 7/10 though.

Was listening to the 1up guys talking about it on the podcast, said the speed made sense if you played it more like Rainbow 6 than CoD4, it's a slower paced tactical shooter rather than a run n gun.

See Edge only gave it 7/10 though.

Definately somewhere in the middle of the two, only thing i didn't like was the lack of directional markers for where your teammates are or objectives.

Definately somewhere in the middle of the two, only thing i didn't like was the lack of directional markers for where your teammates are or objectives.

I think one of the directional buttons shows your objective - but agreed not as good as a compass marker especially for team mates who I just lost totally.

Not impressed, the demo felt very sluggish and unresponsive compared to other FPS games.

Perhaps it is something I will get used to but I certainly am not paying full price for it. Pre owned in a month of so following the release for me

I think if you're used to playing "twitch shooters" like Unreal and even call of duty to some degree then it will take a bit of getting used to the slower more tactical approach.

Archived