Traders Worried About Tt

wideload

One of the hardest ever meaning less profit to be taken from people. Where is that "hardest ever"? They'll still make a profit, just not as much as they'd like to.

Starting on the Thursday of practice week protects local traders, who are there all year, from profiteers. Giving a buffer before being undercut by caravan stalls.

Who has the ability to foresee the future, how can anyone state that figures of visitors will be less than last year? One would suspect the centenary+1 might be less 'interesting' but the speed record could top out and be beaten again. One way mountain road was a novelty last year, it is established now and could draw even more riders for a two week long 'Mad Sunday'. We must wait and see.

Foot long hot dogs, noodles, burgers. Bloody lovely.

"FLASHBACK"/

Back on the prom, credit where credit's due - earlier on I purchased a foot long hot dog with onions (as recommended by someone, I won't specify the vendor). I can see where they get the name from - it tasted (and looked) like someone had trodden on it.

I can't see these days of operating affecting many of the traders to a great extent - for most TT's, things are normally pretty quiet until the Thursday anyway, though I do think it's unfair to restrict the days, especially if it turns out to be a rainy weekend in between practice and race week. I suspect it's a move aimed at saving the allocators of spaces: costs on policing, bin emptying and general cleaning up - so they make the max out of the £1500 asked for - and so the traders should be taking this up with Adrian Earnshaw.

Perhaps the traders could maximise profits in the time available to them by buying the cheapest, poorest quality meat products possible at the wholesalers and knocking them out for insanely high prices...............

Isn't that just copying the local takeaways?

What we want is Cut me own throat Dibbler selling his famous "sausage in a bun so fresh it walks into the bun on its own" on every street corner :weee:

What we want is Cut me own throat Dibbler selling his famous "sausage in a bun so fresh it walks into the bun on its own" on every street corner :weee:

Only if the good mustard is provided!

All I did at last year's TT was eat. Foot long hot dogs, noodles, burgers. Bloody lovely.

That's lies. Lies I tell thee! I'm sure I saw you with a pint at some point. Or another...

I thought he sold pies?

I thought he sold pies?

Sausage in a bun and pies - and even gourmet pies with named meats!

Archived