Pobjoy Mint- Conmen?

JCC

Hi,

Has anyone had any dealings with these people- who are the official agents of the Treasury for Manx Coins etc.

My husband ordered a "Manx Angel" from them in January; it didnt turn up although they swore blind they had posted it. After much arguing they admitted they hadnt sent it and one was finally dispatched and arrived two weeks ago. Today he has recieved his credit card statement; last week they refunded the original money and recharged him for the new price- it has gone up £75 !!!!!

I am gobsmacked to say the least

Hi,

Has anyone had any dealings with these people- who are the official agents of the Treasury for Manx Coins etc.

My husband ordered a "Manx Angel" from them in January; it didnt turn up although they swore blind they had posted it. After much arguing they admitted they hadnt sent it and one was finally dispatched and arrived two weeks ago. Today he has recieved his credit card statement; last week they refunded the original money and recharged him for the new price- it has gone up £75 !!!!!

I am gobsmacked to say the least

As would I be!

Surely the contract was accepted on the original charge against the credit card. Because they have been negligent and not sent out your order they are now profiting from their own poor service!!

Surely the contract was accepted on the original charge against the credit card. Because they have been negligent and not sent out your order they are now profiting from their own poor service!!

Wot he said. Plus it might be worth a quick call to the OFT or at least CAB to confirm these rights, and then quoting them in your correspondence.

Archived