[BBC News] New TT races safety signs stolen

Newsbot

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thieves target new signs marking restricted areas on the Manx TT course, which are being used for the first time.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7401439.stm

I can't believe people are that thick.

ofcourse you can, if they can think of anything dafter they'll get voted in...

No but my question is why is this being reported this year ... the year after they claimed that signs were nicked before the fatal accident last year?

Who on earth would want to nick a restricted sign? Especially if it is not going to serve any useful purpose until practice week? I'm confused. What sort of cretin does that? Its not logical.

Thieves target new signs marking restricted areas on the Manx TT course, which are being used for the first time.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7401439.stm

I can't believe people are that thick.

ofcourse you can, if they can think of anything dafter they'll get voted in...

No but my question is why is this being reported this year ... the year after they claimed that signs were nicked before the fatal accident last year?

Who on earth would want to nick a restricted sign? Especially if it is not going to serve any useful purpose until practice week? I'm confused. What sort of cretin does that? Its not logical.

not likely to be the case, BUT; if you were getting paid £X per sign to put them up, and you claimed you put signs somewhere that have now been 'nicked', you get paid twice for the same sign?? alternately, all that shit about missing signs etc last year might need some retrospective 'proof' to back up the bullshit that they were nicked?? maybe the sheep eat them??

This happens every year, they're 'collectable'

My arse

It's the DOT nicking them in an effort to make good their claim that hundreds of these signs are nicked by fans and therefore they were not in any way responsible for last years tragedy

For starters there are no visiting TT fans here yet and why would local fans nick them them? they would still have loads left over from previous years

If visiting fans have been nicking them then how do they hide a 3X2ft sign on a motorbike ?

If they are the one's i am thinking of (triangular jobs) then the only thing i can think of is private property owners with land adjacent to the course lifing them for their own use.

What better way of keeping spectators off your property? Of course this was all before it made the press - a bit useless now if that were the case.

Archived