[BBC News] New TT races safety signs stolen

Newsbot

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just been on the radio, the two men are apprentices for the DOT.

How embarrasing..... I missed the details, but they certainly didn't get a book thrown their way, just a fine.

so, the boys paid to rip em down so their mates can have overtime putting them back up got caught then?? i wonder if/when they will become EX-apprentices???

Two teenagers have appeared in court accused of stealing prohibited area signs for the TT races in what turned out to be a drunken prank.

Michael Crellin from the Strang in Braddan and Geoffery Crennell from Willaston pleaded guilty to theft.

The court was told the pair were arrested last night on Bray Hill.

The 18 year olds had been drinking heavily after watching the football and took three signs from behind a fence on Selbourne Drive.

An advocate said they were ashamed of their actions and shocked at the repercussions the thefts could have had.

Fining the pair £500 pounds each, High Bailiff Michael Moyle said he was taking their age and guilty pleas into account.

Mr Moyle warned it's highly likely anyone attempting the same thing will go to prison.

Just been on the radio, the two men are apprentices for the DOT.

I can imagine the recruitment interview:

DoT Interviewer: Now that you have proven you can lean motionless on a shovel for two hours, can you draw a circle?

Budding Apprentice: Er, yer.

DoT Interviewer: Congratulations - you're hired.

I actually saw those tossers dashing across the bottom of Bray Hill with the stolen signs. They may have been drinking heavily, but it didn't prevent them running fairly well - and holding their trophies aloft as if they were the European Cup!

From IOM Today

"Advocate Ian Kermode said the pair were Manchester United fans and had watched the European Cup Final at the Cat With No Tail, Governor's Hill, where they each drank 10 cans of larger."

Only to be expected then. :whatever:

Incidentally, I didn't know you could still buy cans of larger - maybe they should try drinking cans of smaller in future?

From IOM Today

"Advocate Ian Kermode said the pair were Manchester United fans and had watched the European Cup Final at the Cat With No Tail, Governor's Hill, where they each drank 10 cans of larger."

Incidentally, I didn't know you could still buy cans of larger - maybe they should try drinking cans of smaller in future?

I thought the signs got stolen last week?

From IOM Today

I thought the signs got stolen last week?

Some were - but these two idiots have been the only ones to get caught

Archived