Iom Post Chairperson

Tempus Fugit

A fair point you make there Celt. Mrs Crowe undoubtedly has a lot of experience, and also as a member for Health Services.

I take it you are not employed at the Post Office though.

The answer is in the question:

Isle of Man Post Office workers

Restoring trust in Board

7. The Hon. Member for Douglas East (Mrs Cannell) to ask the Chief Minister:

(1) Are you aware of the deep unrest and mistrust of the Isle of Man Post Office workers in the Chairman and Board due to a lack of meaningful consultation between the Board and the Post Office Worker’s Union; and if so

(2) what do you propose to do to restore confidence and trust?

Question 7. became quite eventful particularly when President of Tynwald Noel Cringle decided to move to the next question despite a number of members wanting to ask supplementary questions.

Mrs Crowe was placed in positions of authority via a process of democracy, albeit Isle of Man style democracy. That process has again been carried out and apparently she has been removed from those authorities Or not.

I think there is a word for this sort of thing, but I shall have to refer to my O' level politics text book for it.

'Jobs for the boys' will do though, but in this case there are many other perhaps stronger descriptions could be used.

Whilst I didn't like Mr's Crowes policies, I think it is totally unfair to say she cannot run/or be the Chairperson of the PO.

If she is capable and can do the job to the standards expected, let her do it.

Any of these posts, when they are originally conferred by political status, should expire the minute that the political status of the individual expires. Immediately that happens it should be "who is the best man for the job" not who got in by default because they happened to be a member of government at the time.

I would also like to see the question raised in Tynwald as to what happens when you stop being a political member of a board. I think I'm correct in saying that politicians can only claim expenses for roles on boards, but when they stop being politicians are they able to draw full fees like other board members? If so it further reinforces my point of view that they should be straight out the door not wait until their 'term' expires.

Whilst I didn't like Mr's Crowes policies, I think it is totally unfair to say she cannot run/or be the Chairperson of the PO.

If she is capable and can do the job to the standards expected, let her do it.

Any of these posts, when they are originally conferred by political status, should expire the minute that the political status of the individual expires. Immediately that happens it should be "who is the best man for the job" not who got in by default because they happened to be a member of government at the time.

I would also like to see the question raised in Tynwald as to what happens when you stop being a political member of a board. I think I'm correct in saying that politicians can only claim expenses for roles on boards, but when they stop being politicians are they able to draw full fees like other board members? If so it further reinforces my point of view that they should be straight out the door not wait until their 'term' expires.

MR Brown answered this in Tynwald on Tuesday 20th, There were several questions. You need to go to the Tynwald site and choose early papers and the Tynwald 20 May

The answer is she will stay there a until a replacement is appointed, that is the law under the Boards of Tynwald Act, and that he and Council of Ministers will get around to appointing someone when they are ready, sooner or later.

There are several departmenstal vacancies at present and a new man, so expect a mini re shuffle soon in the junior ranks. Meanwhile Mrs Crowe, if she has any sensitivity, will not atend the Board meeetings and leave it to her deputy, after all that is what he or she is there for

Meanwhile Mrs Crowe, if she has any sensitivity, will not atend the Board meeetings and leave it to her deputy, after all that is what he or she is there for

. . . . . . rather than force her dulcet tones onto the sensitive ears of Manx Radio listeners.

Which is what sparked this thread off in the first place and probably a question or two in Tynwald.

A good diplomatic post there John, but I would word it differently and if I was a person that used foul language I would give this advice :

"Pam stfu".

Archived