Taxis - Day Of Action

Amadeus

No cabs picking up at the airport at the moment - business peeps queuing for the bus.

Notices being given out:

Day of Action

The airport taxi drivers apologise for any inconvenience caused this morning to the travelling public.

We are in dispute with the Department of Transport and Government over the implementation of new regulations which will ultimately affect our business and standard of living.

As professional drivers we do not like to take actions such as this but feel we have no alternative in this case.

Empty

tax2.jpg

Not moving

tax3.jpg

tax4.jpg

Also no cabs picking up tonight between 11pm and 1am I believe?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/isle_of_man/7403266.stm

"Flight Support provides ground services including ticketing sales and passenger and aircraft handling.

Mr Cretney said: "Despite the obvious problems arising from this difficult situation, it is encouraging to note that many of the staff made redundant by the closure of Euromanx appear to have found new positions.

"I am optimistic that, with the assistance of officers from my Department and their DHSS colleagues, a similarly positive outcome can be achieved for the Flight Support staff should redundancies arise." "

Sorry taxi drivers, if you are looking for sympathy, you will find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

The way it’s going at the airport, you won’t have any passengers to pick up anyway.

All that does is piss off any businessmen visiting - who are probably already pissed off that Euromanx have gone thus screwing their schedule and are thinking "why am I doing business with this banana republic?".

As for tonight between 11pm and 1am - that just pisses off the locals who think that taxis are a rip off anyway - so they won't be getting much support from them.

Maybe a better approach would have been to have a half-price day - and get public opinion on their side? They could have handed out information leaflets to customers explaining their grievances and why they should be supported. "No more new hackney plates - enough is enough" - doesn't quite inform people what the problem is.

[quote name=manxman8180' date='May 16 2008, 10:15 AM' post='325304'

De-Regulate them as soon as possible.

You'd probably better not read THIS REPORT - it will only supply incontrovertible proof of what a complete and utter dick you are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/isle_of_man/7403266.stm

"Flight Support provides ground services including ticketing sales and passenger and aircraft handling.

Mr Cretney said: "Despite the obvious problems arising from this difficult situation, it is encouraging to note that many of the staff made redundant by the closure of Euromanx appear to have found new positions.

"I am optimistic that, with the assistance of officers from my Department and their DHSS colleagues, a similarly positive outcome can be achieved for the Flight Support staff should redundancies arise." "

Sorry taxi drivers, if you are looking for sympathy, you will find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

The way it’s going at the airport, you won’t have any passengers to pick up anyway.

You'll be able to drive to the UK instead of flying if they make the runway extension big enough :)

THIS REPORT[/url] - it will only supply incontrovertible proof of what a complete and utter dick you are.

If your going to link to a report try using the current one as submitted 2 weeks ago not the old one you linked to. As for the plight of the taxi drivers, oh alas woa is me, my heart pumps purple piss for their plight

If your going to link to a report try using the current one as submitted 2 weeks ago not the old one you linked to. As for the plight of the taxi drivers, oh alas woa is me, my heart pumps purple piss for their plight

Do you ever post anything on here other than saying how you couldn't give a toss about anyone else's issues? Why don't we all just make a group assumption that you have no sympathy for anyone and then you won't have to post here any more to tell us about it?

Archived