Taxis - Day Of Action

Amadeus

Cor, imagine having to compete in an open market. Must be awful.

Imagine actually knowing anything about the market you are on about ?

Now *that* would be amazing.

And just for the record, I don't give a flying fuck about the Taxi Drivers who are puely concerned about the 25k - 45k they "paid" for their plates. They knew the risks when they got involved with the black market...

...GOMH*...

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, that's my night screwed up now. Looks like it's another night in front of the TV then.

Cheers guys. As if I didn't already have a low enough opinion of the Northern Taxi system....

Won't make any difference anyway they don't stop for you unless your a teenage girl in a short skirt <_<

Sorry but having to dodge these 'professional drivers' who think that since they drive for a living it allows them to flout basically every limit and rule on our roads, I also find it VERY hard to have even the slightest ounce of sympathy for them.

If your going to link to a report try using the current one as submitted 2 weeks ago not the old one you linked to. As for the plight of the taxi drivers, oh alas woa is me, my heart pumps purple piss for their plight

There has not been any kind of independent report since the one that I linked to.

The purple piss that your heart pumps has apparently done considerable damage to your brain.

Imagine actually knowing anything about the market you are on about ?

Now *that* would be amazing.

What's to know? Practically everyone else has to compete in an open market, Taxi's dont. Where am I incorrect here? Educate me.

You'd probably better not read THIS REPORT

I wouldn't bother either. With only 958 locals surveyed (the only opinion that counts) it hardly represents a good enough sample size to represent the general population.

And just for the record, I don't give a flying fuck about the Taxi Drivers who are puely concerned about the 25k - 45k they "paid" for their plates. They knew the risks when they got involved with the black market...

...GOMH*...

Not 'black market,' but 'property rights' as enshrined in Article 1 Schedule 1 of the Human Rights Act. Each of us purchased an existing business and most of us have worked hard to maintain it.

ai_Droid Posted Today, 11:09 AM

What's to know? Practically everyone else has to compete in an open market, Taxi's dont. Where am I incorrect here? Educate me.

So, for example, you could open a new Post Office next door to an existing one?

3v0 Posted Today, 11:05 AM

Won't make any difference anyway they don't stop for you unless your a teenage girl in a short skirt

Wow! I didn't even know that there was a dedicated Foxdale taxi service!

Silentbob Posted Today, 11:06 AM

Sorry but having to dodge these 'professional drivers' who think that since they drive for a living it allows them to flout basically every limit and rule on our roads, I also find it VERY hard to have even the slightest ounce of sympathy for them.

There are far more - and far worse - drivers of private vehicles on our roads. Unfortunately, they don't have roof signs, so you don't tend to notice them as much.

(I don't make any claims about being a 'good' driver and I'm always suspicious of those who do. I do, however, try to obey the rules of road and not endanger anyone.)

I wouldn't bother either. With only 958 locals surveyed (the only opinion that counts) it hardly represents a good enough sample size to represent the general population.

1,045 actually - but please don't let facts get in the way of opinion. :rolleyes:

I hope they revoke all their licenses.

Agreed. Lets hope the Govt and the local Chamber Of Commerce are doing everything possible to alleviate any problems being faced by the business community.

Damn we missed an opportunity. We could have all got together with our own cars and organised a volunteer based strike - breaking pick up service. Like when toffs ran the trams and buses in London during the General Strike.

1,045 actually - but please don't let facts get in the way of opinion. :rolleyes:

87 weren't Island residents - it's all in the report. And one off opinions from visitors aren't as valuable as those who repeatedly use the taxi "service" before you start. Even with the extra 87, it's still too small a sample size to get an accurate picture.

If taxis are making less money, are some owners more likely to skimp on repairs leading to a whole load of unsafe taxis on the island?

That's alright they will just match their unsafe drivers...

(I'm talking of the majority I have witnessed, not all of them btw.)

Archived