Steam Packet

WilDDog

I've just priced up a car and 3 passengers for the 31st of August returning on the 7th of September and they want £407, where do they get there prices from?

Total Rip off.

Well I've just priced from 20th to the 27th of June and it's £279 pound, that I can live with.

Another question springs to mind which is why do they change the price for people wanting to come here on holiday for TT and MGP and why do the locals have to pay an extortionate amount of money to leave the Island at these times.

You are wanting to travel on the second busiest day or week end of the year outward, ie last day of MGP when everyone and his dog and motorbike will be travelling hone, fares have always been higher at times of greatest demand and lower at quiet periods, in an attempt to even out demand. Think cheap fares in winter and midweek retirns. But now with budget airline type pricing, he who books earliest gets the bargain so the greater the demand and the later you book (and this is late for that weekend) the more you pay. Try the same crossings Wednesday to wednesday the following week or even 7 days later. Bet you will save £150

The cost of transport everywhere is skyrocketing. I was lucky, I could play around with my sailing times and got £88 total for 2 foot passengers Liverpool to IOM middle of practice week to return just after race week and they are day sailings too not stupid 3 in the morning ones. Just booked a few days ago. On the UK side - Virgin trains £75 each, one way from Euston to Liverpool, ouch.

The cost of transport everywhere is skyrocketing. I was lucky, I could play around with my sailing times and got £88 total for 2 foot passengers Liverpool to IOM middle of practice week to return just after race week and they are day sailings too not stupid 3 in the morning ones. Just booked a few days ago. On the UK side - Virgin trains £75 each, one way from Euston to Liverpool, ouch.

Ouch indeed. You should perhaps in future try thetrainline.com where I've just seen prices varying from £21.50 to £172 for 2 June.

Archived