Flybe Baggage Policies Are Unfair

veuve

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to laugh out loud at this

Surfboards & Snowboards

Surfboards, snowboards, windboards and sails are carried on a standby basis at a charge of GBP20.00, EUR28.00, CHF48.00 per sector.

Flybe are able to accept boards up to the following sizes:

• On our Bombardier Q400 aircraft up to 4.5 feet in length
  • On our jet aircraft (BAe146, Boeing 737 and Embraer 195) up to 10 feet in length

In the winter they must only use the Bombardier Q400 then.

Y'know the time when you might want to take a Snowboard with you is in the winter, but I suppose using that plane is ok if you're a dwarf. (nothing against dwarf snowboarders by the way).

I hope they get there act together soon, personally I think we're doomed and the only transport getting to and from the Island will be run by a couple of companies who will totally monopolise all routes.

Oh, wait..............................

I have noticed in America some airlines are now starting to charge for a second bag but at a flat rate of $15 or $25 which is fair enough. A second bag with Flybe weighing 20 kg would cost £140 each way.

This is factually incorrect.

One bag with flybe costs £6.99 each way when you book your ticket online and book your baggage at the same time. You can add up to 9 pieces of luggage weighing up to 20kg economy (or 30kg for economy plus) per item. You pay £6.99 for each bag, each way.

It is you that is factually incorrect. The total weight allowed in paid for bags at £6.99 (online) or £12 at the airport is a combined weight of 20kgs. You can pay for one bag of up to 20kgs or two or more bags that add up to 20kgs intotal not per bag. Excess charges are £7 per kg therefore having your first bag at 20kgs and paying £6.99 and then on your second bag at 20kgs would attract an excess charge of £140 (actually plus the per bag fee of £6.99). If you still do not agree please provide

your source. It is certainly not in their terms and conditions http://www.flybe.com/flightInfo/1baggage.htm

Sure we know that fly(may)be take the pi$$ with luggage but hey, try Ryannair and their 15kgs limit for checked in baggage

Just a word of warning. The overhead luggage lockers on the Q400 are not very high. I had just got off Ryanair's 737 yesterday where my hand baggage went in easily with loads to spare but it was a bit of a push on the Q400. There were lots of people having trouble with their oversized hand baggage but I suppose if you keep to the exact measurements allowance you will be OK. At least it will stop those piss takers who try and take a small suitcase on as hand baggage.

Just booked some flights meself, and it's horrifying how the total creeps up as you press the 'next' button.

I got from £56 to around £96 in 3 clicks on one flight a couple of months ago. They must have the same website designers as the steam racket, as they seem to use a similar random number generator.

Archived