[BBC News] Group cut off by tide at landmark

Newsbot

Expect a lot more of this, probably every 4 weeks or more whenever there is a lowish tide. The causeway that has been built is irresistible and makes Conister Rock accessible most tides rather than every blue moon.

I suppose it won't be long before there is a by law brought out prosecuting people for going on it. Which would be an unfortunate and typical knee jerk reaction from the authorities.

that story is laughable. it said on the radio they were 'cut off' by the tide but they got back unaided?? surely if they got back unaided they weren't actually 'cut off' in the first place??

Yes, a fine example of the cutting edge of Manx Journalism..............

i see on the 1 o'clock news a found, ( lost? ) homing pigeon made the news!! they gave out a ring number on the bird and the finders phone number. the sad part is if the owner actually gets it back it will have it's neck rung for being 'migrating' rather than 'homing'. news indeed?

As I said before, leave them there, it's a tower of refuge FFS. And charge them or their parents for the service.

What he said! I've slept in there overnight before so why is it such a big deal if you're out there that you can't just phone your mum/wife/whoever and say "Sorry but I won't be in tonight, bye", instead of potentially wasting thousands in pointless coastguard/lifeboat costs.

Archived