Tt Changes

Albert Tatlock

Adrian Earnshaw and the TT development manager will be on MR's Talking Heads this morning at 11am.

If I get the chance I'm gonna ask them why they've restricted viewing at several perfectly safe areas on straights (on government owned land funnily enough).

Adrian Earnshaw and the TT development manager will be on MR's Talking Heads this morning at 11am.

If I get the chance I'm gonna ask them why they've restricted viewing at several perfectly safe areas on straights (on government owned land funnily enough).

Noticed this at the weekend, there's an awful lot of the course taped off. If you had been visiting the TT for years, and found your favourate viewing spots taped off, would you come back?

i also notcied a lot of tape,

i would say

this could well be one of the nails in the coffin of the tt,

also i think u find a lot of the races are late starteing because ppl are standing in theses areas,

I'm gonna be tied up around this time this morning - would some kind soul be willing to text in the question?

I'm gonna be tied up around this time this morning - would some kind soul be willing to text in the question?

E-mail mailto:studio@manxradio.com or even better to Dan mailto:dandavies@manxradio.com !

E-mail mailto:studio@manxradio.com or even better to Dan mailto:dandavies@manxradio.com !

Er - best to do studio@manxradio.com when I'm on air, cause that's the studio computer, and I rarely check any other emails when I'm on air. Focus and all that :)

Noticed this at the weekend, there's an awful lot of the course taped off. If you had been visiting the TT for years, and found your favourate viewing spots taped off, would you come back?

Have they always used that yellow tape? Or am I only noticing it because there seems to be such a lot of it?

t01.jpg

t02.jpg

t03.jpg

t05.jpg

t06.jpg

Have they always used that yellow tape? Or am I only noticing it because there seems to be such a lot of it?

Pretty sure I seen summat like that during the foot and mouth period, could be wrong though.

I think that once people come to the Island for this TT and see where they can't spectate from, they'll be disappointed and they'll realise they'd have been better off staying at home and watching it on the tele.

It's sad, but when the TT stops becoming financially viable, which will be "when" not if people stop coming here, it will be bye bye TT.

The end is nigh.

I might be wrong (internet speak for "I probably am") but I think the yellow tape is a reaction to the scare tactics employed by the ACU after last years accident at Joey's.

I've heard from two land owners that the ACU reps have been round asking them to sign over the rights to their land for the race fortnight or else they won't be covered by the ACU's third party accident insurance. The land owner was then told that they could be liable for any injuriy caused on their property. Where the land owner has signed over the land the ACU have then put up signs and the yellow tape so no-one watches from that location and is potentially put at risk.

Apparently they actually tried it with someones front room.

To be honest I didn't believe what I was hearing from the first person but then when I heard a very similar story from the second person (who doesn't know the other person) I started to wonder.

Archived