Kill Joys....unbelievable.....

manxlennie

Have any of you actually seen what was proposed? I have and can tell you that it was a rather strange looking blobby thing that was about as tall as a three storey house. I've little doubt that if it were built that people would complain about it being allowed. Just because kids are involved it doesn't mean that it should be automatically approved. Interesting, the information submitted with the application even said that the proposed sculpture was not the kids first choice.

Given that the police were recently called to the school to stop some kids playing football on the roof of the school I think it would only be a matter of time before someone attempted to climb the "art" work, a fall from which would probably result in serious injury.

If it could house 12 apartments it would probably get through though WE NEED LOW COST HOUSING

Lets look at our planners in positive mode, for ex St Ninians School, right in the heart of Douglas.

You start with a grey stone edifice in a classical style then over the years lash on a load of extensions which must not reflect the original style or previous extension in any way at all , in fact the worse the better.

Really, have a look at it , tis ghastly, a prime example of why we have planners---to stop this kind of crap.

Where is this world they live in, and what do they think their job is anyway ?

Archived