Beertent Tt

Jenniebean

Surely the beer tent will be a prohibited area under the new restrictions thanks to our massively over-reactionary constabulary :angry:

...on the other hand tho, being 15 deep at the bar will adequately prepare the visitors for the 3 locations around the entire course that they can still watch the races from!

..and then the police will be happy when they don't come at all next year.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why people are blaming the Police for any extra safety features - that is down to the risk assessments carried out by the Race organisers. All the Police are doing are helping to ensure that the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, in light of the comments of Mr Moyle at the 26th Milestone inquest.

Don't know why people are blaming the Police for any extra safety features - that is down to the risk assessments carried out by the Race organisers. All the Police are doing are helping to ensure that the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, in light of the comments of Mr Moyle at the 26th Milestone inquest.

My understanding is that many of the new restrictions have been made in direct consultation with the police, despite them having no jurisdiction - Juan Turner asked questions in Legco a couple of weeks ago on that very matter.

You could also argue that as well as no jurisdiction they have no expertise either, after the previous Chief Constable ordered them to have no direct involvement in road closed motorsport events.

...that being the case 'blame' may indeed be apportioned, if that's the correct word.

My understanding is that many of the new restrictions have been made in direct consultation with the police, despite them having no jurisdiction

The Isle of Man Police have no jurisdiction to enforce restricted areas as defined by the Road Races Act 1982?

I think Your understanding is wrong.

I think his point is that the police have no jurisdiction to close the roads, not to police the closures, even though he states that they have been involved in consultation on the restrictions.

Think I may have look-see on Sunday afternoon under the cover of 'walking the dog'. Hey, my first real dogging venture!

I think his point is that the police have no jurisdiction to close the roads, not to police the closures, even though he states that they have been involved in consultation on the restrictions.

Think I may have look-see on Sunday afternoon under the cover of 'walking the dog'. Hey, my first real dogging venture!

His point isn't very clear, to be fair. However, the road races act 1982 permitts the closure of the roads for said races. How they are closed is a matter for the organisers - it could be either the police or the marshalls or john the painter.

The road races act 1982 also makes it a criminal offence to enter a prohibted area, a restricted area without the necessay permissions and to 'interefere' with the races i.e. go onto the track. All under the same banner. Last year (year before?) when the guy at the creg jumped the line and put an empty can on the circuit, it was the marshalls who identified him and the police who arrested him.

How's that going to work in an open ended tent...I assume there will be an exclusion zone around the tent sides....good luck policing that little gem!

(Source-Pubtalk) A little Birdy told me that the roof of the tent is not going to touch the side panels so smoking is to be allowed in the tent,

it was explained to me that temporary planning has been passed by the corpy for a large smoking shelter with a bar :D

instead of just a temporary Pub :huh:

How's that going to work in an open ended tent...I assume there will be an exclusion zone around the tent sides....good luck policing that little gem!

(Source-Pubtalk) A little Birdy told me that the roof of the tent is not going to touch the side panels so smoking is to be allowed in the tent,

it was explained to me that temporary planning has been passed by the corpy for a large smoking shelter with a bar :D

instead of just a temporary Pub :huh:

Nope you're wronger then a wrong thing that's wrong. The tent is definitely no smoking this year. And no I'm not going to give my source - you'll just have to wait and see that I'm right ;)

A little Birdy told me that the roof of the tent is not going to touch the side panels...

If they need a little help putting it up, I can think of a few local builders who could probably help then.

a little birdy told me the beer tent is'nt going to be in it's usuall spot this year!

can anyone shed any light on this?

A little Birdy told me that the roof of the tent is not going to touch the side panels...

If they need a little help putting it up, I can think of a few local builders who could probably help then.

I think they want it put up in time for this year's TT - not the bicentenary.

We didn't have any anti-smoking problems at UK festivals last year but, this is the Isle Of Man and it is FULL to the chuffin brim of tin pot gods/administrators of your safety - Good luck Bushys. As a non-smoker (who has the odd nicotine 'hit' every once in a while) I shall be happy to be with smokers and might even have 3 or 4 cigarettes over the TT fortnight. I have smoked tobacco on 2 occasions since I stopped being a nicotine addict and I love it, it's highly amusing to me - the shitty head rush, what is that for??

Archived