Manx Stars In Their Eyes 2008 - 18th October

sausage

Hello

Saw a thread on here a month or two ago.

Can confirm that this event will be happening again at the Villa on 18th October 2008 and the organisers are looking for singers to audition at present.

If you are interested in auditioning please visit www.manxstarsintheireyes.co.im or call 621567

Singing in front of nearly 1500 people is a fantastic experience that many dont get the opportunity to do very often.

Information re tickets for the evening will be available soon. This event WILL sell out, it always does so buying early is advisable.

Anyone interested in offering sponsorship or being involved can also contact above.

This event generally costs less than a tenner a ticket. Generally there are 10-15 acts ranging from fantastic to errm not so fantastic :D . 100% of proceeds go to Manx charities and the event had raised between eighty and ninety thousand pounds since starting a few years ago.

So ignore the half dozen or so professional whingers who will no doubt come on here moaning because their mate didnt win or because four hours entertainment wasnt enough for their £7 donation to charity and PLEASE PLEASE support this event in any way you can.

Thanks

Sausage

Oooh I would love to do something like this, but I cannot sing. Even now my little eyes are darting left to right making plans about who I could be. Can you think of someone famous I could be? someone that cant really sing but loves to try.

I think some of the other 'charity events' might be to blame for the whingers, the ones where the organisers line their pockets 'covering the cost' of the event, and give relatively little to charity. I can't remember anyone making noises about Stars in their Eyes..but I could be wrong. Don't bother correcting me, I don't care :D (see ninjitzu thread for further derailments)

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this to advise that this week is last chance to enter the auditions.

Brilliant experience singing in front of a packed out Villa and a very enjoyable fundraising evening.

Organisers handed over another cheque for approx £15K to manx charities couple of weeks ago taking the total close to 90K raised

Cheers

Archived