Dot Worker Faces Manslaughter Prosecution

bluemonday

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best enjoy this years TT folks.

Looks like it will be the last. Who in their right mind will prepare the course knowing this could potentially happen to them

If it is TT related who would want to do any work on the racetrack road if they can be held accountable. Surely in a road race its those allowing the race to go ahead that should be liable not those repairing roads which were not (and cannot) be designed to safely take motorcycle traffic at 180 mph.

Who in their right mind will prepare the course knowing this could potentially happen to them

until i hear what has or has not been done it is hard to point fingers, but if whatever he/she did was passed by a foreman/supervisor as suitable for public road use? i can't understand why a prossecution!! it would as previously suggested be more prudent to prossecute those who passed it for racing on.... but ofcourse they no longer run the event?? and are probably not liable anymore.

as to not wanting to work on the racetrack?? ( how do you put lines through letters so they look crossed out??? ) it is actually a public road, so does that mean the DOT should stop all road repairs for fear of prossecution??

as an aside, i went over the mountain since they have been 'planting' steel poles for the fitment of signs and there is one at the 33rd that seems barely a foot past the white line that marks the edge of the road.( i moved my van out from the left because i worried about my wing mirror ) if this is actually near the apex, i would expect a rider to have his wheels near the line and his head into the pole!!! perhaps it will be moved?

there should be no one liable for it,

bloody PC lot,

intill we all go round in fluffy suits so nobody gets hurts thay will never stop complaining,

even then thay find somebody to blame,

the fatcs are, motersport is dangours, it all ways has been allways will be, the ppl takeing part know that, and the ppl watching do,

Interesting timing..

Yes, just enough to halt all the final preparatory work to the course that needs doing next week !

this week. it starts saturday!! supposedly.

Shows how much I give a shit about the whole thing :lol: I suppose it will be pikey heaven on the prom from about Friday then.

the fatcs are, motersport is dangours, it all ways has been allways will be, the ppl takeing part know that, and the ppl watching do,

Utter (illiterate) rubbish.

so u dont think its dangerous then!!!

But it says "It comes after a visting biker died in a crash on the Mountain Road in May last year." It doesn't mention road races or 180mph. So without knowing more details everyone is jumping to conclusions and getting all hot and bothered about something they don't yet know about!

Archived