Cable & Wireless

Cret

Doubt it, there is enough ISP`s for a healthy market already. As for landlines, there just isnt any money in it for service providers nowadays, look at places that have more than 1 telco, the prices are near enough to what we get now.

More choice is a good thing though i suppose.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LCR boxes? Why would you these days when voip is about?

I'm sure they'll be pushing for more and more behind the scenes, they obviously have the contacts to make things happen. LCR boxes used to be the big thing in the UK, then CPS, wholesale line rental and now LLU. There is a big can't be arsed factor involved with those boxes, that said, if they're giving them away for free.. CPS would be the killer I think, that's why there's so many 'random' telecom limiteds in the UK, all offering CPS type services. LCR without the box.

But yeh, VoIP is the way forward... :)

(BT really).....explain please?

same bosses, just the local branch with a different name

MT was part of the group, including all the 02 companies, that was bought by Telefonica in 2006.

ok. do BT own telefonica?

Nope, the group was demerged from BT, and bought by Telefonica, which is a Spanish company, but the division that owns MT is based in Slough.

Yes and happened years ago...

I hope the IOM market is large enough for 2 carriers....how competition within mobile market will affect both companies is too early to tell...have to wait until all 3 parties agree on number portability to see how that works out.

But with 35k households here and only a hanful of "large" companies...is there the business for 2 major telcos in a place with a populaiotn of a small town in the UK??

WTF, countless times on this forum you have referred to Manx Telecom as BT.

You are completely wrong.

A little history lesson for you.

Manx Telecom was formed in 1987 and was a subsiduary of BT Wireless. After the demerger of BT wireless, Manx Telecom was bought by mmO2 in 2001. Subsequently mm02 was bought by Telefonica in early 2006.

So Manx Telecom have not been part of British Telecom now for 7 years.

I hope that makes things a little clearer for you.

Archived