Manx Radio Online

Gagster

So, TT again. And I'm trying to Radio TT at work I'm trying to log on and listen online - but I can't, unless I pay £10 for the special TT service!!!! AM 1368 just doesn't work in my office.

Well hang on a minute - I'm already paying Manx Radio as a taxpayer for the services, website included. Why should I have to pay again.

They normally broadcast the programmes online worldwide anyway, which must cost a fortune in terms of licensing. So anybody in the world has free access to Manx Radio's broadcasts via the web, and of couse don't have to pay. Yet here I am, a resident on the island, now not able to access some of their services.

During the rest of the year - a bloke in North Carolina can listen to Alex Brindley and Bernie Quayle online, for free, but as a ratepayer in Douglas I can't hear commentary from the Grandstand online unless I pay again. A little bit unfair I would say.

With interest in the races fading year by year, this kind of thing isn't exactly helping.

Personally, I don't have any interest in the races themselves, but my better half asked me to put 'Radio TT' on the computer last night to see whether or not the practices were happening.

No way would we 'register'! Fortunately, we have a radio that picks it up - so it didn't take long to get the information we were after and to ascertain that we weren't missing anything by not paying this premium.

I'm normally a supporter of Manx Radio - but this is pathetic and ridiculous.

No different to any other local retailer using the fortnight to raise prices and make a few quid.

People put up with that year after year

Publicly-funded retailers do that?

From Radio TT site

"Problems with TT Live! service

Users were unable to listen to Manx Radio TT’s commentary for much of the (Monday) session...The speed trap data was unavailable throughout the session...some subscribers experienced problems with the dashboard, which provides sector and lap times, webcams and other features of TT Live...Some subscribers have raised concerns about the quality of the feed from one of the webcams...TT Live! is also aware Sidecar times were not available on Monday evening..."

i'm listening to it for free on here

http://www.txradica.net/tune.php?c=manxevents&.wvx

it was working all the while "TTlive" was down....and has been faultless since

I've just been on there, but that is just playing out the Manx Radio FM output.

ahh that has changed its output this morning because i was listening to the riders bieng interviewed and practise last night on it

i've just switched back to RadioTT via "live"...i had subscribed on sat morning

they are doing an around the circuit guide at the moment pointing out the restricted viewing areas

the roving reporter is a funny guy

they should have got their bandwidth sponsored.

It is!! We as tax payers sponsor it, their normal fm service is running free over the net so why should radio tt be any different? If there's a worry about bandwidth then switch the feed to just radio tt during the fortnight then switch back to fm during the rest of the year so as to not run two networks and keep costs down?

It is pretty bad charging for this when it's aired freely to local residents over the am radio frequency.

Agree it's a disgrace.

It's Manx Radio. They may be OK as a local radio station, but whenever they seem to get involved with theme pubs, discount card schemes or anything vaguely technical on the internet it always seems to go wrong for them

Archived