Closing The College Nursery....shocking!

manxlennie

I was under the impression you had to be a registered child minder, get police checked, insured and the property inspected to do all that - I can't really see it working practically e.g. 5-10 kids being minded in some two bedroomed flat.

That is correct if you want to set up a business and be gainfully employed as a child minder. However, people look after other people's kids all the time.

10 kids in a 2 bed flat, fair enough, but a handful of mums looking after each other's kids while juggling lessons is pretty easy - if you agree it and plan it properly.

i think registerd child minders can only look after 4 kids per minder, but I cannot remember.

We are a society that tries to help people who have, whether by their own volition or not, thrown their prospects out of the window at an early age. Whatever our personal feelings about how it's come about, these people are trying to better themselves and perhaps don't have the means to do it all by themselves.

Well said Miss T. It's how a society responds to the disadvantaged, however they have arrived in that position, that defines a society.

Sadly, the cult of self has a dedicated following.

And i would agrea hence the remark about trying to prevent it in the first place so we won't be talking about all this in 9month and more time beyond now, again.

It is actually quite simple, but all this barn door closing is what makes mhks smug.

We are a society that tries to help people who have, whether by their own volition or not, thrown their prospects out of the window at an early age. Whatever our personal feelings about how it's come about, these people are trying to better themselves and perhaps don't have the means to do it all by themselves.

Though we are also the society that let's it happen far more than any other European society. Piss-poor parenting begets piss-poor children.

Agree with the getting out of the mess approach though. If we don't spend our way out of it, we'll have a larger population and an expanding economy - though with many more immigrants imported to do the work, whilst we build an ever bigger underclass of locals many of whom will have never done a days work.

IMO, all benefits should be based around the work or study for work ethic, or if ill around what the doctor says. Most 'benefits' in the system don't really benefit anyone at the moment i.e. the tax payer nor the recipient - whilst the chronically sick get next to sod all, many having worked most of their lives.

Archived