Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight

bluemonday

Quite right.

Personally, I feel that this venal, cowardly, greedy, self serving, gutless, self indulgent, politically correct lump of dogshit that we call a society today is a piss poor result and payback for the sacrifices they made.

I was near Queens and they looked further out from the land this year. Everytime a plane went past i could only see its undercarrage appart from aa couple of high loops at either end.

I know air displays have rules about flying near spectators but from last year when I was up near Onchan park and they went overhead a few times, to this time and they seemed to too far away.

That said, great to see and hear them again.

As usual, it was nice to see them. I was sat on the prom with a german girl this year which was a bit awkward though.

Question. As they approached the Island, did they turn the wrong way?

They seemed to be coming towards the bay, turned right, and disapeared towards Ramsey. Before coming back 5 minutes later when the Battle of Across tape had ran out.

I just had visions of hundreds of Ramsey folk hiding under their tables.

I thought it was really nice to see them. They certainly sounded great!

I think that they just detoured north once approaching the bay as they were a tad early.

Here is a couple of snaps for anyone who missed it. I thought I'd stick them here as a topic was already on the go.

DSC_0295-1.jpg

DSC_0259-1.jpg

DSC_0304-1.jpg

DSC_0351-1.jpg

DSC_0354-1.jpg

Really gutted not to have seen it this year as these beasts stir something up not just because they're amazing machines and (in particular the Spitty) works of art, but what they stand for, and the fact they're airborne history etc.

I only found out they were here a bit before it was on and didn't have time to get to Douglas. I was really hoping they would fly in or out via the south but I neither saw nor heard them sadly. :(

Tomorrow is my Gran's 97th birthday and I'm sure she would appreciate the sight of them as much as anyone having seen these kites when they were in action. I hope she got to see them.

Roll on next time anyway.....

Did Radio TT do a French and German commentary for our continental visitors?

I offered to do the German version for that flight thingy, but for some reason they didn't want me... Maybe I should have updated the pic on my cv ...

righitgoldbergkv1.jpg

My little attempt

th_08.jpgth_09.jpg

th_10.jpgth_11.jpg

th_12.jpgth_13.jpg

th_14.jpg

and since when do you need a permit to put a FLAK on the prom? Bloody bureaucrat nannystate spoilsports... :angry:

Archived