Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight

bluemonday

Whilst we can all make smart-arse remarks about the Germans, i loved it because, in my eyes, the planes involved are something from my childhood and still make the hairs on my neck stand up.

Beautifull planes and a good show. No-matter where you come from.

Did Radio TT do a French and German commentary for our continental visitors?

I offered to do the German version for that flight thingy, but for some reason they didn't want me... Maybe I should have updated the pic on my cv ...

righitgoldbergkv1.jpg

My little attempt

th_08.jpgth_09.jpg

th_10.jpgth_11.jpg

th_12.jpgth_13.jpg

th_14.jpg

and since when do you need a permit to put a FLAK on the prom? Bloody bureaucrat nannystate spoilsports... :angry:

Oh dear, you really should have worn the correct uniform. Flak was the responsibility of the Luftwaffe. :rolleyes:

Silverback

and since when do you need a permit to put a FLAK on the prom? Bloody bureaucrat nannystate spoilsports... :angry:

I would have taken that as an insult to the memory of the members of the Manx Regiment that did not come home :(

I would have taken that as an insult to the memory of the members of the Manx Regiment that did not come home :(

Oh come on now - you know I wouldn't make insults like that - besides, I'm the one who's supposed to be without sense of humour here. Maybe next time they celebrate the dambusters anniversary somewhere I'll go and object, as the fact that a number of civilian friends of my grandfather died in that event offends me.

I like the machines and respect the bravery of anyone who went into combat back then, no doubt.

btw: The German soldier pic up there? Nicked it from a site about Jewish German soldiers - the original caption went:

This photo of "half-Jew" Werner Goldberg, who was blond and blue-eyed, was used by a Nazi propaganda newspaper for its title page. Its caption: "The Ideal German Soldier."

Nuff said :)

Quite right.

Personally, I feel that this venal, cowardly, greedy, self serving, gutless, self indulgent, politically correct lump of dogshit that we call a society today is a piss poor result and payback for the sacrifices they made.

I agree and lets not forget friends lost in NI, Falklands, Oman, West Africa and all the ones after that. Many unmentioned and unknown have given all for those who are ungrateful and uncaring.

Archived