Mobile Phone

Snappy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in the UK at the mo, and my phone was having problems taking calls from UK numbers. Even tho I'm logged on to O2, does it still do stuff via the Island?

Yes, generally all roaming stuff works this way

I'm in the UK at the mo, and my phone was having problems taking calls from UK numbers. Even tho I'm logged on to O2, does it still do stuff via the Island?

Yes, generally all roaming stuff works this way

And they know how to charge for that roaming

3G seems to be the way to go, mine has been fine all day, even video calls!

is a little daft of mt to be pushing sims on the radio for visitors and making the problem worse when the same thing happens every year.

More to the point, you'd think that if they encountered a problem one year, they'd make sure it didn't happen the next.

It's not like they don't know there'll be a surge in demand at this time of the year now, is it.

More to the point, you'd think that if they encountered a problem one year, they'd make sure it didn't happen the next.

It's not like they don't know there'll be a surge in demand at this time of the year now, is it.

The obvious solution, especially for the taxi firm, is to buy a second mobile from Tesco for fifteen quid as a back-up, and put a C&W Pay as you Go SIM in it. Manx Telecom simply isn't reliable.

This is the problem when firms like MT (not to mention the Racket) are foreign-owned. The IOM is just not on the radar.

Isn't it telling that it's the foreign-owned firms that tend to call themselves Manx this or IOM that? Devious sleazeballs attemting to pass themselves off as local.

Sebrof

I'm told when the new exchange comes on line it'll make a big difference to the capacity problems. It's not like they haven't been investing in the infrastructure. Not that it helps this TT week, but it's not a problem that's being ignored.

Archived