Dire Tt Entertainment

perhaps less is more in this case....

Have the traders have stalls down the prom walkway (bin the "fair" - its been a disaster for years)

Big screens showing the day's racing and the Duke back catalogue....

Some live bands and beer stalls along the prom

If the other "entertainment" is that bad then strip it back to the basics.....

Yep, I've spoken to quite a few bikers who want the spontaneity back. They were taking bets that Quill would be on at the Villa, there would be loads of corporate stuff taking over the festivities and that there would be some ageing rocker on at the Villa.

They said it had got too organised and BSB feeling although they did like the extra TT coverage on TV. However they were very p*ssed off at having to pay a fiver for the grandstand in practice week. Whatever happened to the people on stilts, fire eaters etc.

But what did come through was a desire for more live bands scattered around so that you could savour different types of music.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like Glastonbury you mean B4mbi? 200,000 people all behaving themselves, no major trouble and not a lot of rules. People want to behave, its only natural.

I guess so :)

but which smells worse? a biker or a festival goer?

this is essential information for my draft manifesto.

Seriously, there has been a lot of excellent ideas in this thread about how to improve the entertainment and general TT experience, it would be a brilliant idea as a topic for the Executive Challenge.. (gov't gets a free report....)

Seems pretty busy in Ramsey today...so what do I see walking around that I haven't seen for ages.....2 (yes thats right 2) traffic wardens....

Like fucking vultures they descend.....there should be encouragment to stay around the town, not a high profile reason to bugger off!!

The world has gone bureaucracy mad I tell thee......

so what do I see walking around that I haven't seen for ages.....2 (yes thats right 2) traffic wardens....

Amazing isn't it, they've probably been told to go to Ramsey to swell the Government coffers.

For once in my life yesterday I was happy to see a traffic warden. Some bloke was sitting in his van on the prom blocking the view when I was trying to get out of my parking space. Said warden guided me out! So thank you madam.

Just seen those planes flying in Ramsey bay. How cool where those??? Not as loud as the red arrows, but some of the stunts they did just had to be seen to be believed! Hammerhead stalls, loop the loops, head on passes and the planes being chucked about in the sky as though they where toys. Really good show!

The pilots are all former Red Arrows.

I couldn't get out to have a look but did hear it. I was expecting them at 15:00 - when I could have nipped out for 10 minutes or so.

They're on in Douglas Bay tonight at 19:30 hrs if anyone wants to see them.

peel day, honda day, peel carnival, viking day. no matter what you call it, it's exactly the same shit with a selection of bands too dire to play in the local pubs. if the organisers invested more time in trying to entertain the many visitors instead of new ways to extract the cash from them, maybe more would return next year. it's also nice to see the petrol prices rise to encourage more cash from them before they leave. one more thought, well done tynwald mills shop ownersfor remaining closed on mad sunday as hundreds of visitors tried to find an escape from the hell of peel day. you must have money to burn letting all that cash head back to douglas

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine!!

Oh and I don't know if you've noticed but petrol's going up everywhere (In fact the milestone was cheaper than the area of Stoke that I live in, and I don't know if you know anything about Stoke, but let's just say it's one of the less wealthy areas of the England!) There really isn't that much difference in fuel prices between here and across now (excluding supermarket forecourts, but even they are quite high with various offers once you've bought shopping)

peel day, honda day, peel carnival, viking day. no matter what you call it, it's exactly the same shit with a selection of bands too dire to play in the local pubs. if the organisers invested more time in trying to entertain the many visitors instead of new ways to extract the cash from them, maybe more would return next year. it's also nice to see the petrol prices rise to encourage more cash from them before they leave. one more thought, well done tynwald mills shop ownersfor remaining closed on mad sunday as hundreds of visitors tried to find an escape from the hell of peel day. you must have money to burn letting all that cash head back to douglas

I couldn't agree more with these observations.

The TT 'entertainment' is piss boring - same shit, extortionate prices and nobody really wants to bend over backwards to accommodate the visitors (except to make a fast buck). This Island doesn't deserve to have a tourism industry.

It's just a licence to fleece everyone, including the residents. Everything goes up...pub prices, petrol, ferry tickets...the whole lot, and it never comes down.

No late night buses after 10.50pm during TT...FFS, lazy bastards.

As for Tynwald Mills being closed on Mad Sunday, that just shows you the foresight of these captains of industry. It's overpriced with little choice up there nowadays.

All I can say to the local retailers that bleat about hard times is, "Thank fuck for the Internet, cheap day trips to Liverpool, Tesco and B & Q. They deliver what you want with good service, at prices you're prepared to pay. Oh, and I've no sympathy - you can all fuck off and close for all I care".

peel day, honda day, peel carnival, viking day. no matter what you call it, it's exactly the same shit with a selection of bands too dire to play in the local pubs.

Oh..I quite liked this one:

sig22.jpg

If I had a pub, I'd let them play any day :)

http://www.myspace.com/unitingtheelements

Archived