[BBC News] Biker dies in crash on TT course

Newsbot

mmmm Just came to mind a good dialema: a French motorcyclist heading head on towards you, the only way to avoid him is to hit the lycra lout at the side of you, either way your going to cream one of them, who do you pick, I hate the lycra louts but on the other hand the other is French. :sweatingbullets:

vous avez l'odeur de la merde

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came across a crash there Mad Sunday two years ago and was turned back. Scary stuff going against the bikes.

I turned off at the Voddy crossroads and took the back roads.

I can't think of many journeys along the west coast that can't be achieved mainly on the back roads, and think you'd have to be mad or stubborn not to use them.

It's alright saying it's a public road and nobody's going to stop me using it, but that does you no good when you've got someone entering your car at speed through the windscreen.

mmmm Just came to mind a good dialema: a French motorcyclist heading head on towards you, the only way to avoid him is to hit the lycra lout at the side of you, either way your going to cream one of them, who do you pick, I hate the lycra louts but on the other hand the other is French. :sweatingbullets:

Peut-être il était de l'âne allemand femelle que j'ai embrassé le samedi soir dans la tente de bière :whistling:

I came across a crash there Mad Sunday two years ago and was turned back. Scary stuff going against the bikes.

I turned off at the Voddy crossroads and took the back roads.

I can't think of many journeys along the west coast that can't be achieved mainly on the back roads, and think you'd have to be mad or stubborn not to use them.

It's alright saying it's a public road and nobody's going to stop me using it, but that does you no good when you've got someone entering your car at speed through the windscreen.

I agree with this, the whole "They aren't going to disrupt my life, i'll go backwards round the course all day if i want" attitude is stupid, at the end of the day your putting yourself at risk unecessarily for the sake of stubborness.

Yes some of the bikers are dicks but you get arseholes in every aspect of life it isn't just bikers, i actually thought most of them were very well behaved when I was out.

It's alright saying it's a public road and nobody's going to stop me using it,

id prob say im a bit of both!!!

To be honest IMO i dont think mad sunday is really any worse than any other day of the TT week

least i wasent bring machines back round this sunday, for the first time in years, but any day of the week is bad to be fair,

just have to put up and get on with it,

Totally avoidable.

Obviously it would be wrong to assign blame to either party without knowing the facts but why on earth people drive the 'wrong way' around any part of the course on Mad Sunday is beyond me.

For one day each year just steer clear of the course. No journey is that essential

both those lines make your post utter crap

there are plenty of essential reasons, my personal favourite is that its a public road

i understand, let the bikers have there fun, but its definately NOT stubborn to want to drive a road that youve damn well paid through your ass for, through taxes....thats not the only reason i would want to drive a public road though :P

Peut-être il était de l'âne allemand femelle que j'ai embrassé le samedi soir dans la tente de bière :whistling:

Which translates to "you have an odour of shit" and "Perhaps it was a German ass/donkey female that I embraced saturday evening in the beer tent"????????????????

So what's that about then???

you should really go back and re-take your test, i think that they will now teach you how to hit both of them

you should really go back and re-take your test, i think that they will now teach you how to hit both of them

SICK BASTARDS

There's also a responsibility on the non-bike drivers to be sensible too....

A word to the subaru driver (reg ending in 300) and the open wheeled kit car (on a q plate) that went over the mountain at about 5.30 this evening....driving up the tail pipe of foreign bikers and undertaking them whilst shaking your fist does not make you look cool....it makes you look like a cunt!

Have some sense chaps....if you want a race track have a look up Jurby on the next track day.

Q plates are used on kit cars and sometimes on extensive rebuilds after a write off. but yes, there are plenty of 4 wheel vehicles that want a thrash over the mountain too and slow bikes getting in the way is just not on.

SICK BASTARDS

Totally agree.

Nothing has been released about the circumstances of the accident that this thread refers too and at the end of the day someone has lost their life.

SICK BASTARDS

Totally agree.

Nothing has been released about the circumstances of the accident that this thread refers too and at the end of the day someone has lost their life.

I think that should read "at the end of the day someone has lost their life through their own stupidity" when you see that they hit the passenger side of the landrover whilst doing a stupid overtake. My sympathy lies with the landrover driver only.

Wideload true, how very remiss of me afterall the frenchman was more than likely surrendering at the time. :weee:

Archived