[BBC News] Biker dies in crash on TT course

Newsbot

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what's wrong with Broughjairg ?

all we need now is Druidale and Laxey to be closed and Ramsey is marooned

Yes, I'm contemplating driving home to Ballaugh from Douglas this evening via the Druidale route for the first time ever - last TT I took the Laxey coast road at one point, started off at 4pm, got home at 7pm!

So what's wrong with Broughjairg ?

all we need now is Druidale and Laxey to be closed and Ramsey is marooned

Yes, I'm contemplating driving home to Ballaugh from Douglas this evening via the Druidale route for the first time ever - last TT I took the Laxey coast road at one point, started off at 4pm, got home at 7pm!

Injebreck and Druidale are ok if there's nowt coming th eother way, otherwise is Karina doing trips to Ramsey tonight :P

Yes, saw airmed come in too, must have been treating them at the scene for a long time as the accident happened some time (hours) ago :(

Of course it could have been at an altogether different incident, with the roads blocked it would be the only way to get in and out of anywhere on the north-west coast in a hurry.

Mountain Road also closed between Ramsey Hairpin and The Creg - two seperate accidents up there.

Coast Road will be extremely busy in a bit then with all the bikers from the Ramsey Sprint dispersing.

Take it easy out there folks

Coast Road will be extremely busy in a bit then with all the bikers from the Ramsey Sprint dispersing.

Take it easy out there folks

Last year driving home from work in Ramsey on sprint day was interesting (or absolutely fucking terrifying if you are not 'nails' like me) to say the least. As with today the mountain was closed.

If I still worked in Ramsey now I would be doing a few hours overtime

Yes, saw airmed come in too, must have been treating them at the scene for a long time as the accident happened some time (hours) ago :(

Of course it could have been at an altogether different incident, with the roads blocked it would be the only way to get in and out of anywhere on the north-west coast in a hurry.

I was out on my Vespa, going to PE and got there just as it happened.

Apparently one bike braked hard when entering the 40 zone, a police car was parked up there, another bike ran into the back of him and lost control hitting the hedge on the offside and returning to his side of the road. One walking wounded, the one in front, other aired out quite rapidly. loads of damage with at least three bikes out of action. The biker in front of me was a paramedic so shot off to the scene, his girlfriend and I helped stop traffic.

All apart from one idiot in a blue ford sucof that insisted on passing because he wanted to get to Kirk Micheal. An elderly gent, who stopped and turned round when we told him of the situation. He was ok about it, his missus departed with the parting shot "I'll be glad when you all go home". Nice lady. I, of course, informed her that we all love her dearly and she should have a happy and long life.

I did have a camera with me but didn't take any pics out of respect.

Archived