[BBC News] Biker dies in crash on TT course

Newsbot

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on another note, as the mountain is one way for 'safety' reasons, will it also be one way for the MGP fortnight too?? it is for safety afterall?

I doubt it, it wasn't last year.

obviously the manx can be dangerous then?? perhaps you can watch the action from ballaspur too??

You do understand that the one way on the mountain and the prohibited area at ballaspur are for different safety reasons don't you? But never let that get in the way of another rabid anti-TT misplaced moan.

WTF indeed.

i am sorry to say that the rtc at hailwood rise was fatal i think every one on www.manxforums.com send there respect to the family involed

Merged with this topic - keeps the discussion in one place.

And ANOTHER thing, the police have used the TT as a fundraiser for the extra police they have shipped in.

No police have been shipped in for the TT this year, officers from Jersey were used last year, as the amount of visitors was considerably more than usual.

And ANOTHER thing, the police have used the TT as a fundraiser for the extra police they have shipped in.

No police have been shipped in for the TT this year, officers from Jersey were used last year, as the amount of visitors was considerably more than usual.

Are you speaking from a internal "I know this" or an external "I think this". I have seen a lot of UK reg police vehicles that I had not seen before the TT. I would like clarification that this IS the case as I also assumed that there were several French and German Officers over here as well to help with the localization issues.

The cars with the english reg are on loan for evaluation purposes from different companys

One i saw had FORD POLICE DEMONSTRATOR on the side keep your eyes on dockside they will all be going back soon

German officers are always over saw them in shoprite tonight buying there tea

on another note, as the mountain is one way for 'safety' reasons, will it also be one way for the MGP fortnight too?? it is for safety afterall?

I doubt it, it wasn't last year.

obviously the manx can be dangerous then?? perhaps you can watch the action from ballaspur too??

You do understand that the one way on the mountain and the prohibited area at ballaspur are for different safety reasons don't you? But never let that get in the way of another rabid anti-TT misplaced moan.

WTF indeed.

i realise it's different reasons, but safety is safety. if you can have the mountain 'unsafe' for the manx, surely you can have ballaspur 'unsafe' too?? there is a sign at the entrance to the campsite at barregarrow that says the mountain will be shut for urgent repair work or something for around 3 weeks after the TT, if the repairs are that urgent how come it's safe enough to race bikes at 200mph on it??

Archived