[BBC News] Police 'progress' on drug crime

Newsbot

As the amount of drugs coming into the IOM illegally is an unquantifyable amount it can't be determined wether you are making "significant progress", just because your haul is better.

Who knows? They may have only taken 0.1% off the streets or maybe 99%. There is no yardstick to how much comes in. Spin.

Maybe not so many criminals are addmitting they are on drugs these days. So they caught a bit of heroin, heroin addicts do not cause any problems, I very rarely see any, mostly they are holed up somewhere taking their drugs, not bothering anybody.

Another 2 people I know died of alcohol related problems this week. While alcohol and tobacco are legal the government need to shut right up about other drugs and stop with their propaganda! Drugs & terrorism - costly wars to be having.

Not sure if I agree with that, my sticking point being how they fund the Heroin addiction.

Having said that, you're 100% right re alcohol. The seminar at Nobles gave figures of around 2,700 men and around 700 plus women with alcohol dependancy.

But like you say, it's legal.

Archived