Drink Driving/riding

zephyr

Lucy the model i've got is the CA2000 digital alcohol detector, i cant find the original invoice as yet.

I spoke at length to the guy, my model runs on batteries and has a 12volt adapter, it has to be re-calabirated every so many tests...(£35..ouch!)

They have them in at www.testclear.com/product, or you can just put the model into your search.

Best to stick to UK companies and avoid the gadget shops.

The model i have, is used by many professionals....used em at work meself!

Hope this helps...oh its currantly retailing at £89.99.

Not to bad if a small group of friends all chip in and share (It has seperate mouth peices)

Hope this helps.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave - nice box.

There is NO excuse for being a dangerous tosser by drinking and driving. I have never done it and neither have a lot of people I know. The point is you can plan around it and don't have to. Anyone who thinks it is socially acceptable should spend a Saturday night at a busy hospital....

I admire Zephyr for his topic, i have drunk over the limit many years ago when it was much less in the public domain.(Still wrong).

On the probably, 2 occasions thankfully no one was harmed.

I still feel ashamed to this day.

Zephyr has done no differant to myself, as possibly of many, but he has it in writing, his advice is as valuable as the experience i had of when asking someone close to me ..."Thats a nice picture...original water colour is it not?"

"Yea it was a gift from my best friend at school, my only friend really, she painted it herself"

"Yea its lovely...does she still paint?"

"No she was killed by a drunk driver at 14 years of age...."

lethargy, its true, we all used to do it every weekend. I was caught twice, but only got small fines, it wasnt the big deal it is supposed to be now.

Has anyone been killed or injured recently by a DD? I only ask becuse its on the up again, but I cant recall seeing anything caused by DD over here for years.

Zero is impossible to police as people can have trace alcohol from food, mouthwash and other sources. There has to be a small allowance. The new limit that is roughly one pint for the average male is about right.

I've dug the licence out it was DR10 and during TT (yes that one is correct) week.

I just thought to remind people that it is stupid to drive after a drink.

I aint bragging, it was a bloody stupid thing to do.

When I said it was many years ago it was 20 years to be exact.

Sorry for the confusion Stav

Zero is impossible to police as people can have trace alcohol from food, mouthwash and other sources. There has to be a small allowance. The new limit that is roughly one pint for the average male is about right.

I recently did a workshop on Alcohol dependency, armed with my trusty machine, as i could not demonstrate with real alcohol, i rinsed my mouth with a mouthwash, it showed i was well over the limit, returning to normal after about 10 minutes.

So if the police stop you, and you want that 'fresh breath' feel to impress...don't reach for the glove compartment mouth wash, you will be dragged to the station for a less than emphatic blood test.

They show hard hitting anti drink driving adverts on Ulster telly which make everyone in the room stop and think. I think they should show similar adverts in every region, especially this time of year. They occasionally get shown on Tarrant on TV when he delivers his token serious advert inbetween others for Swedish Massages and Japanese endurance tests.

The advert they're showing a lot of at the moment is particularly horrific. I would never consider drinking and driving, I wonder if those adverts have a lot to do with the way I feel.

EDIT - The advert wins an award

Oh yes Ans.

The dangers of drink driving have been dreadfully over exaggerated you know.

With blurred vision you see twice as many cars which makes you even more careful.

There is a kernel of truth in that statement. It says here that statistically drivers impaired with drink have less accidents than the sober motoring population.

However 'drunk'* drivers have slightly more accidents.

*Drunk = falling over - paralytic - nearly out of the game - somewhere over 250 mg.

Archived