Drink Driving/riding

zephyr

doesnt suprise me, but where is here?

So no drink driving related accidents here in the recent past that anyone can recall then? There are still a lot of people who drink and drive. not to paraletic stage, but a fewpints. Most of them are of older generation who always have.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So no drink driving related accidents here in the recent past that anyone can recall then?

Probably because you get away with refusing to take a blood test after an accident over here.

Don't know where you got that info from but there have been cases over here where people have been, quite rightly, banned for refusing to take a test. (obviously my comment comes from my own memory so I can't presently back it up with facts!). ;)

'Here' is back of a crisp packet at the moment.

But there was some research some time ago which showed that drivers who KNEW they had too many, were ultra careful, used indicators and mirrors more diligently, used quieter roads, and were in that condition when there was less traffic around. Therefore, mostly because of traffic conditions they had less accidents, proportionately.

The peak times for accidents are the morning and evening 'rush hours'.

Don't know where you got that info from but there have been cases over here where people have been, quite rightly, banned for refusing to take a test. (obviously my comment comes from my own memory so I can't presently back it up with facts!).

MM is right though.

While you can still get punished for refusing to take a test it is probably less than if they'd established a reading which, by all accounts, would be quite high I'd imagine.

Those who refuse a test should receive a penalty on a par with the most severe drink driving cases.

Dave I imagine that little study was buried pretty dam quick.

No it isnt like saying that at all monkey.More like saying that hedgehogs take more care over having it off than other animals due to knowing the extra dangers

hedgehog.jpg

But there was some research some time ago which showed that drivers who KNEW they had too many, were ultra careful, used indicators and mirrors more diligently, used quieter roads, and were in that condition when there was less traffic around.

I was talking to a policeman a while ago and he actually commented on this topic, saying that if he sees someone driving like that late at night he will probably pull them over just to check.

And puddy i was shown those adverts in school, about 3 years ago. They are scary and very effective.

Archived