Manx Radio

manxmedia

Its time to start challenging Manx Radio News as it seems to be slipping more and more into a Government PR machine

Let me start the ball rolling:

From the MR website

More bikers than 2006 - official

Read that... its "official" yet the story actually goes on to say..

"However, Adrian Earnshaw believes there are more bikers on the Isle of Man than there were in 2006.

Question: How does that make it "official"?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's official that HE's telling us he believes it, (and wants us to too.) well done the minister of wakes, bullshitting halfwit. that said, there seem to be a shit load more road closures due to kamikaze fuckwits so perhaps there are more??

I very rarely listen to Manx Radio now - can't stand the ads. Occasionally I switch on just to catch the mid-day news and unavoidably catch a presenter stating what topic is being discussed after the news. This morning I think it was something to do with the danger of riding a bike on a pavement - but it always seems to be about the danger of doing something or other, with a boring official fart droning on about Health & Safety or stress, alcohol, eating chips etc.

It certainly does seem to be just a mouthpiece for government warnings & misc. bullshit. I prefer RTE1 in the mornings - intelligent discussions on wide ranging topics, but with good old Irish craic.

I very rarely listen to Manx Radio now - can't stand the ads.

Agreed. Especially that lunatic from Shoprite: "Proud to sponsor Classifieds". Proud? Why?

Then a load of nonsense about supporting the Isle of Man. How? By importing loads of stuff on the Racket. That's real support for local businesses!

Agreed.

Yes, there's the one from Richmond Travel, where the girl does not even know her brother's phone number, and the one from Spectrum windows where the windows are soundproof from the INSIDE, but every word can be heard from the OUTSIDE - who'd buy them?

Please, please, ditch them, they are soooo stupid.

Agreed.

Yes, there's the one from Richmond Travel, where the girl does not even know her brother's phone number, and the one from Spectrum windows where the windows are soundproof from the INSIDE, but every word can be heard from the OUTSIDE - who'd buy them?

Please, please, ditch them, they are soooo stupid.

but you remember the companies, whether you would use them is another matter !

Back to the original topic: It was a stupid headline - suggesting that an opinion expressed by a minister is an official statement.

Normally one would expect such a ridiculously optimistic statement to come back and bite him (this being an exceptionally poorly-attended TT festival) - but we all know what the Tourist Board, Steam Packet and Airport can do with 'statistics'!

And the one about Ramsey sandwich bricks, not to mention Miracles, come work for us and get minimum wage and we will do our best to try to rip you off and decieve you on holiday pay

I'm at the Grandstand right now - never seen it so quiet during races. That VIP area (whoever thought that up????) Is virtually empty and hardly anyone on the stand or by the road - more busy than before? Utter balls to that...

Yes, there's the one from Richmond Travel, where the girl does not even know her brother's phone number,

I think it's Richmond Travel's phone number she wants :rolleyes:

Mind you, I did as their ad says and after pricing up a holiday on the net at £7k I gave then a call with the details and the buggers never got back to me

That VIP area (whoever thought that up????)

If that's the one that it down a bit from the Grandstand then it's my understanding that it's a private commercial enterprise where companies can hire it for the races and invite guests, etc. I was there a couple of years ago as a guest of Conister Trust and the food and drink was most excellent

I'm at the Grandstand right now - never seen it so quiet during races. That VIP area (whoever thought that up????) Is virtually empty and hardly anyone on the stand or by the road - more busy than before? Utter balls to that...

So that was you at 4am with the big beach towel?

So that was you at 4am with the big beach towel?

Nope, I'm the one behind the sandbags - they're coming in low & fast I tell ya...

That VIP area (whoever thought that up????)

If that's the one that it down a bit from the Grandstand then it's my understanding that it's a private commercial enterprise where companies can hire it for the races and invite guests, etc. I was there a couple of years ago as a guest of Conister Trust and the food and drink was most excellent

Well, ok - that would sort-of make sense for any business bigwigs, but it's just not very TT somehow and you can see jack s. from the garden thingy. Anyroads, it was virtually empty during the race today

vip.jpg

Archived