Pothole Watch

WilDDog

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE ROAD DIRECTLY OUTSIDE PARAMOUNT CITY HAS A BIT OF A HOLE THERE. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE MY WIFE STEPPED OFF THE PAVEMENT INTO THE HOLE, WENT OVER ON HER ANKLE, AND HAS BEEN ON CRUTCHES FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS AND POSSIBLY ANOTHER 4. NEVER HAD TO DO SO MUCH HOUSE WORK.

THE HOLE IS AT 90 DEGREES TO THE MAIN DOOR

ANOTHER ONE... BEEN THERE FOR 18 MONTHS.... SUMMERHILL ROAD AT ALBERTA DRIVE.

Christ, Lord Street is bad! :o:o

My next nomination would be the top entrance to Snaefell Road from Johnny Watterson's Lane. Not only is there a fine dent in the road but the whole stretch of road there is well knackered. I suspect it's largely due to the buses..

Probably the worst road surface in sunny Douglas has to be the recently exhumed bit of Church Street by the old courthouse. It was never very good but it looks like construction work on the islands newest white elephant has taken it's toll on this particular road :(

There's a nice one for the H&S brigade on the pavement at the top of Victoria Road in Port St Mary. The DoT removed a sign and left a hole with some nice hacked-off sharp metal sticking up (wouldn't you be?). It's a perfect trap for pedestrians.

I am very pleased to report that the mantrap above has been neatly filled in within the last few days.

• 3 weeks later...

I was quite disappointed with the TT circuit's road surface. I thought at least that would be reasonably smooth, but the west coast is pretty bad.

Oh and the main road through Douglas is terrible. It feels like I'm going over a million mini speed bumps. :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

It's back!! :o

The DOT's insistance in running double-deckers instead of mini-buses mean that the best place to find potholes is on a bus route. And behold and lo, the crater right outside the Town hall has re-appeared. It was patched, badly, then re-patched and now it's back fine style, waiting to warp any unsuspecting alloy wheel attached to a vehicle slightly off the usual line.

Not the worst example, but certainly a candidate for most incompetent repair.. :angry:

It's back!! :o

The DOT's insistance in running double-deckers instead of mini-buses mean that the best place to find potholes is on a bus route. And behold and lo, the crater right outside the Town hall has re-appeared. It was patched, badly, then re-patched and now it's back fine style, waiting to warp any unsuspecting alloy wheel attached to a vehicle slightly off the usual line.

Not the worst example, but certainly a candidate for most incompetent repair.. :angry:

maybe it was fixed by Martin Brundle's pikeys :(

There's a big one (abt 2' dia) developing on the traffic Island by Tesco - where the buses part off to the sheds.

It's just like most of the others you see around town - then again, it would be, Douglas Corporation have a template for it...

That one was allowed to develop for months, and has made an appearance on this forum a couple of times, but....

....IT'S GONE!!!!!!

Looks a poor patch up job that the buses will soon put back to "normal" though.

• 4 weeks later...
There's a big one (abt 2' dia) developing on the traffic Island by Tesco - where the buses part off to the sheds.

It's just like most of the others you see around town - then again, it would be, Douglas Corporation have a template for it...

That one was allowed to develop for months, and has made an appearance on this forum a couple of times, but....

....IT'S GONE!!!!!!

Looks a poor patch up job that the buses will soon put back to "normal" though.

Yes, it's coming back, and worse than before, if anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Loads of pot holes all over Johnny Wattersons.

I particulary huge one, although is doesn't stand out so that you can avoid it, just down from the Cat With No Tail. I have just hit it in my car and I have never felt such a bang from a pot hole before, wouldn't suprise me if the tracking was now out or if I'd buckled my alloy.

If fact, I have just driven from Tesco going along the Prom up Summer Hill, past Corkills up Avondale Road around the back of the Cat and the state of most of those roads - terrible - what do we pay our road taxes for?

DOT are Shite, DOT are shite.

Archived