Pothole Watch

WilDDog

There are a couple of very nasty potholes on Greenfield Road which, with all the humps and hollows, makes you wonder whether the DoT were having a laugh when they decided to put a speed bump on it!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are a couple of very nasty potholes on Greenfield Road which, with all the humps and hollows, makes you wonder whether the DoT were having a laugh when they decided to put a speed bump on it!

Yes - went up the college that way the other day and, just after the dip on the way up, my shocks got well walloped. There's a couple of good ones appeared as you approach the traffic lights at St Ninians too - coming up from broadway just before the zebra.

My car feels them all with its low suspension. On the prom, it's now so bad - especially driving toward the paramount/onchan area I've even taken to driving with two wheels on the tram lines to avoid the worst of them around there.

What are we paying these 700+ people to actually do. If the DoT got a bonus based on results - we'd be getting half our tax back as they'd owe us a fortune.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have beef with an Inverted Pothole.... Royal Avenue 1/8th of the way down... A grid poking UP out of the ground by 3 inches... Not good for bikes!

Do the DOT not understand basic physics?

Still there, usually try to avoid it but actually hit it, sticking up by a good few inches!

Also the whole of the Douglas/Ramsey via laxey route, gives the car a good shaking!

• 4 weeks later...

One at the top end of Sunningdale Drive, Onchan and one at the start of Demesne Road, Douglas

I see Majestic Drive, Onchan, has just been covered in white lines marking out areas to be fixed, looks like most of the concrete hill part is covered

Archived