[BBC News] Warning after tower tide rescue

Newsbot

At this rate I can see them banning people altogether.

How can you get trapped on this tower??? It's not that hard to notice the tide coming in and surrounding you!

The coastguard vehicle was in the vicinity during the Hurricane, Lancaster, Spitfire aircraft display, probably to stop people going over there as a vantage point.

This was taken soon after the display:

post-4192-1212840903_thumb.jpg

who owns consiter rock? I do not believe there is anything anyone can do about stopping ppl going over there.

goverment land i think,

easy to stop them, dig part of the road way out so thay cant walk up there

perhaps fergusson greedy could build a hotel on it??

Or maybe our local rip off cowboys, highly efficient property developers could build a few houses on it.

I belive in Darwinism - let's leave them there next time (idiots).
You get my Vote :D The Coastguard boys should at most drive down to point and laugh at them, tell them how stupid they have been through a loudhailer and then drive off laughing :P

Or send for Aquaman and his fluorescent flippers.

post-4809-1212921767_thumb.jpg

I felt very safe fishing at Laxey yesterday knowing he was patrolling the waves nearby.

This used to happen a lot in the 70s when there actually was a tourist trade on the Island.

My uncle used to have a little boat and with a bit of free enterprise would "rescue" them for a fee, or a cup of tea in charlies cafe there.

It's off island Muppets that don't know the tide system or just how fast it changes, so maybe its time they did a proper walk way out to it, forget the Ramsey pier make a bridge to the Tower, with a £1 pay turnstile to get out and a £1 to get back and it will pay for itself in no time , have a little Manx Heritage pay / shop kiosk like at Peel Castle , and even a food bar selling spuds and herring.

J

PS for those that don't understand Irony , its all with tongue in cheek...

Archived