Basking Sharks

Static

I know someone who was on that kayaking trip the other day. Being that close to the sharks must have been a great experience.

Their website is here: http://www.adventurousexperiences.com/

I'm tempted to try one of their trips, looks like good fun.

Aye, see CDH on the photos. Bloke from work is on the top of the blog flirting with a seal too. I fancy booking it too, but it's not cheap, £40 ish a session I think.

@ MBX - seeing the sharks here is a great experience but yours beats it hands down in my opinion......swimming with Dolphins is something I've wanted to do for years...and my daughter since she was 5...just not got round to it, yet!

go scuba diving in the red sea - this is how close you can get - a wild lone dolphin who was curious about us and hung around for a few minutes.

redseadolphin2.jpg

from a holiday a couple of weeks ago (and yes, the only reason I'm posting this really is to gloat :) )

Here's a wild dolphin photographed when I was swimming off the coast in Barbados. Intelligent creatures, for just 1 dead fish he gave me a ball. It's great to see these animals in their natural environment, jumping through hoops and swimming backwards.

dolphintg5.jpg

Cracking pics of the sharks!!!

I got a call from my bro yesterday afternoon asking if I'd do boat handling for him as they'd been spotted just off the port erin and he wanted to go out and have a swim with them & get some photies etc.

Scuse the poor quality of the snaps as it was very choppy water, there's only a couple of snaps as without a polarising filter you only get to see a fin! But hopefully the pics give a good indication of both the size of these beasts, and the size of my sibling's backside.

There's a bonus of what I think is relatively non awful picture of my good self too. :)

Shark1.jpg

Sharkscale.jpg

MeRib.jpg

There are a couple of decent underwater ones that bruder got but I'll have to ok with him before posting those.

Was nice to get out to sea even if it was pretty rough. We basically waited to spot a shark then go to within about 150m or so and turn the engine off so as not to scare them, then he would swim in close, or the odd one or two would head over for a nosey and cruise underneath the boat.

Like I say, hardly good photography but I thought they might be of interest to someone.

Archived