[BBC News] 'Dangerous' drug batch on island

Newsbot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking the same, why would you bother telling them? :huh:

In fact if they really wanted to stop drug usage they could release some dodgy batched periodically, sort of like a lottery for junkies.

Isn't all heroin rather dangerous?

From my limited (third hand!!!) knowledge - heroin is relatively 'safe' - smack addicts can take it for years and not kill themselves, as long as they are careful not to overdose. It's the crap that dealers mix in with it that makes it dangerous.

Also, I understand, it isn't uncommon for someone to stop taking heroin for a while and then overdose the first time they try it again as they take the same dose that they were taking whilst they were addicted, not realising that their bodies have lost the tolerance for the drug that they had built up during their years of regular use. For instance, this is how Dee Dee Ramone died.

why not? considering the timing. if it was the same mr karren that i have in mind?? it may not be?. ( prison on drugs offences numerous times ) then the pieces fit in my little jigsaw. when else have you heard publically about a 'bad batch' of drugs except after a fatality?

Oh dear, how sad, so a few junkies may die and reduce the crime figures

Comments like that are disgusting and despicable - such a caring and compassionate society, aren't we ?

Oh dear, how sad, so a few junkies may die and reduce the crime figures

Comments like that are disgusting and despicable - such a caring and compassionate society, aren't we ?

actually, we are not, we just like to think we are, and hope others are conned into believing us. IF we cared so much, we wouldn't be prospering on the backs of those in the third world. we don't give a toss as long as it doesn't affect us directly. same with most things, this just happens to be a drug something to not care about really but we have to say the right things so we look considerate. as a percentage there will be less people give a toss than those that do. the do's being his 'friends' and buyers.

A wasted life is always sad. That said, however, if someone chooses to escape from reality by taking 'recreational' drugs that have been illegally obtained, they know the risks. Sympathy, therefore, is not usually the first reaction from most people.

Archived