[BBC News] 'Dangerous' drug batch on island

Newsbot

why not? considering the timing. if it was the same mr karren that i have in mind?? it may not be?. ( prison on drugs offences numerous times ) then the pieces fit in my little jigsaw. when else have you heard publically about a 'bad batch' of drugs except after a fatality?

I'd say pretty fcuking regularly actually.

The Police / Authorities have a duty to do so, thankfully.

Not everyone has as much to live for / will power / sanctimoniousness as your good self.

ANY life lost early is a sad one in my eyes...

...GOMH*...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't is strange when an MS sufferer wants to end her own life and unbearable suffering she is frowned upon and her partner threatened with imprisonment/prosecution for helping to end the suffering of the one he loves dearly. Yet someone who chooses to kill thereselves in the persuit of pleasure with these drugs and no doubt causes suffering to others by using crime to fund this disgusting habit, has thousands of pounds spent on making sure the illegal drugs they use are safe and they can have clean needles, alternative drugs on the NHS for free, free housing, benifits and a sactamonious do gooder social worker to help them in life and show them how to scrounge state money supplied by the rest of society. So if i get this right, if you contract MS become a junkie that way you wont be frowned upon and the state will help you end it all.

Isn't is strange when an MS sufferer wants to end her own life and unbearable suffering she is frowned upon and her partner threatened with imprisonment/prosecution for helping to end the suffering of the one he loves dearly. Yet someone who chooses to kill thereselves in the persuit of pleasure with these drugs and no doubt causes suffering to others by using crime to fund this disgusting habit, has thousands of pounds spent on making sure the illegal drugs they use are safe and they can have clean needles, alternative drugs on the NHS for free, free housing, benifits and a sactamonious do gooder social worker to help them in life and show them how to scrounge state money supplied by the rest of society. So if i get this right, if you contract MS become a junkie that way you wont be frowned upon and the state will help you end it all.

What a pile of old toss that was. I wasted a minute of my life reading that. And half a minute replying...

...GOMH*...

I think he was just trying to be cuntrovertial.

More I was just trying to make the point that somehow society has some prioritys wrong i.e. someone in pain for whom the only option to end this is by dying and has to do this at their own expense with the risk of the ones they love being criminalised is less important than a criminal who opts to end their own life in the persuit of pleasure whos habit is often funded by the state or from criminal activity against the law abiding society. Nobody gets the choice to contract MS or similar, junkies chose their lifestyle

I think he was just trying to be cuntrovertial.

More I was just trying to make the point that somehow society has some prioritys wrong i.e. someone in pain for whom the only option to end this is by dying and has to do this at their own expense with the risk of the ones they love being criminalised is less important than a criminal who opts to end their own life in the persuit of pleasure whos habit is often funded by the state or from criminal activity against the law abiding society. Nobody gets the choice to contract MS or similar, junkies chose their lifestyle

i agree, it would also seem the junkies flunkies have internet access too, probably at our expense aswell?? ;)

Whilst I would prefer to distance myself from jim's post yesterday, I can't help but fully agree with the 3.22pm post today. It is an abomination that someone, whose life is unbearable through illness, cannot end it legally without having to go to Zurich.

I'm sure the esteemed members of our legislature are well away of the debate over euthanasia, but pursuing policies in this direction are extremely problematic from legal, ethical and reputational perspectives.

Personally I see a clear case for those with confirmed diagnosed terminal illnesses to be allowed to refuse life-prolonging treatment in favour of palliative care.

Having witnessed a close relative die a slow tortured death from a horrible disease, I wish we could go further than that. This person constantly tapped a message into a machine (the only way she could communicate) that she wanted to die and the doctors kept her going. When this was pointed out they indignantly muttered something about post-Shipman as some sort of justification. You would not let an animal suffer this way but its OK for a human.

The IOM could be a european (geographically speaking) leader in changing this mindset if they had the balls. They haven't of course.....

On the subject of drug abuse, I found THIS ARTICLE by Dr Michael Fitzpatrick fascinating.

‘Harm minimisation’, the mainstay of official drugs ‘guidelines’ since at least 1991, has been another spectacular failure. Depriving self-indulgent actions of their worst consequences is likely to encourage them to spread.

I would heartily endorse Dalrymple’s radical first step towards tackling the drugs problem: close down all clinics claiming to treat drug addicts (on the basis of my experience as an inner-city GP, I would also recommend closing down drug treatment programmes in primary care). Addicts would then have to face the truth: ‘They are as responsible for their actions as anyone else.’ This measure might help to set them free – and it might also help to release doctors from the corrosive deceptions underlying current drug policies. It is striking that while the RSA report is piously non-judgmental towards drug users and eschews coercive policies, it seethes with righteous indignation at GPs who might refuse to follow its dogmatic approach and insists twice in the five pages of its executive summary that GPs should not be allowed ‘to opt out of providing drugs treatment’. The notion that doctors should be coerced into providing dangerous treatments for their patients in the hope that this might reduce the crime rate reflects the damaging effect of drug policy on the ethics of medical practice.

I'm sure the esteemed members of our legislature are well away of the debate over euthanasia, but pursuing policies in this direction are extremely problematic from legal, ethical and reputational perspectives.

Though being generally useless to society and incapable - know they'll be probably be first on our euthenasia list.

On the subject of drug abuse, I found THIS ARTICLE by Dr Michael Fitzpatrick fascinating.

‘Harm minimisation’, the mainstay of official drugs ‘guidelines’ since at least 1991, has been another spectacular failure. Depriving self-indulgent actions of their worst consequences is likely to encourage them to spread.

I would heartily endorse Dalrymple’s radical first step towards tackling the drugs problem: close down all clinics claiming to treat drug addicts (on the basis of my experience as an inner-city GP, I would also recommend closing down drug treatment programmes in primary care). Addicts would then have to face the truth: ‘They are as responsible for their actions as anyone else.’ This measure might help to set them free – and it might also help to release doctors from the corrosive deceptions underlying current drug policies. It is striking that while the RSA report is piously non-judgmental towards drug users and eschews coercive policies, it seethes with righteous indignation at GPs who might refuse to follow its dogmatic approach and insists twice in the five pages of its executive summary that GPs should not be allowed ‘to opt out of providing drugs treatment’. The notion that doctors should be coerced into providing dangerous treatments for their patients in the hope that this might reduce the crime rate reflects the damaging effect of drug policy on the ethics of medical practice.

Not often I agree with you but that is spot on let them wallow in their own shit they create

Jimbms, the man who died last week got addicted to codeine while recovering from a broken arm, he went to prison a pot head and came out a fully blown heroin addict, what do you know of anyones personal circumstances to be so judgmental?

Anyone know when the funeral is? I cannot find a phone number for David Gray House, Daves parents are dead and I don't like any of his friends enough to have their number.

Archived