[BBC News] 'Dangerous' drug batch on island

Newsbot

I thought it was quite nice Jed and I really really really hope its true, not from a personal point of view ofc but there are some people (with lawyers) who I would love to see writhing in agony for eternity - the greedy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll try and explain my thoughts further, and if people want to think me an old crank or a goat or something then that is fair enough. Or even an evangelistic islamic - that's ok.

My experience has found that our minds are so hampered by our physical bodies. Not just the conscious side of things but all that converting amino acids and making sure there is enough oxygen going round and all manner of things that our tiny, tiny conscious side hasn't a clue about.

When our bodies expire then our minds don't need to worry about all those encumbrances anymore. The mind can however begin to sort other things out. The relatively easy and straightforward things.

You do realise, of course, that the brain is part of the physical body?

for most people?? :D you would think if the soul ( if it actually exists ) didn't need the body to 'survive'? then it would fuck off as soon as possible from it's prison that is the body.

Well I'll try and explain my thoughts further, and if people want to think me an old crank or a goat or something then that is fair enough. Or even an evangelistic islamic - that's ok.

My experience has found that our minds are so hampered by our physical bodies. Not just the conscious side of things but all that converting amino acids and making sure there is enough oxygen going round and all manner of things that our tiny, tiny conscious side hasn't a clue about.

My opinion (which I flatter myself to think has some basis in scientific fact) is that your mind would be far more hampered if there were no amino acids/oxygen etc. going around in your physical body.

When our bodies expire then our minds don't need to worry about all those encumbrances anymore. The mind can however begin to sort other things out. The relatively easy and straightforward things.

Unless you can present us with some evidence for this line of reasoning (and as this is an informal forum and I'm not a scientist, for the sake of discussion I'll even entertain anecdotal 'evidence') then all this is is pure unfounded speculation and wishful thinking on your part.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been quite indisposed this past week or two.

Yes I'd be pleased to give evidence for my reasoning and statements, albeit mainly anecdotal. Quite important to me all the same.

Would you mind in the meantime though, if for a short period I brought this discussion back on topic.

There was a drug case last year I think, where a dealer had - alledgedly and all that - sold someone some drugs that had killed a man. The case went through various processes in the courts and was due to be heard, I think, this April.

I have never heard anymore and yet I see the drug dealer chappie swanning about the Island as if he owned the place. Larger than life itself.

I am sure some on this forum know of this case. Perhaps there was more evidence required or whatever, but it has been a rather long time.

Archived