[BBC News] Two sailings diverted to Heysham

Newsbot

Hopefully they have taken the points raised as an outcome of the pisstake that was the hour and a half disembarking delay earlier in the year and are providing a proper ramp.

Hopefully they have taken the points raised as an outcome of the pisstake that was the hour and a half disembarking delay earlier in the year and are providing a proper ramp.

Apologies for not inserting a link to the news item.Regretfully i am not sure as to how it is done. It is different to MSN groups.

we've just heard from someone who was pi**ed off by being delayed in Liverpool - separate thread.

This makes me wonder - was anyone here diverted to Heysham, and how did they find out about it?

2 members of my family were diverted to Heysham on Thursday. They found out about it when they got to the boat. It was annoying because they had meetings arranged in Liverpool.

They told me that they were told that the diversion was something to do with a cruise ship which had been berthed at the Liverpool end. But that tale might have got skewed in the telling.

we've just heard from someone who was pi**ed off by being delayed in Liverpool - separate thread.

This makes me wonder - was anyone here diverted to Heysham, and how did they find out about it?

2 members of my family were diverted to Heysham on Thursday. They found out about it when they got to the boat. It was annoying because they had meetings arranged in Liverpool.

They told me that they were told that the diversion was something to do with a cruise ship which had been berthed at the Liverpool end. But that tale might have got skewed in the telling.

The actual section of stage used for the loading and offloading of vechiles was removed late on Wednesday afternoon, around 4pm, it was seen being towed into Alfred Dock about 4.30pm. Steam Packet must have been aware that there would be a problem come Thursday morning.

They should have been capable of telling people. This was the message on their website Thursday morning, and seems to have been written Wednesday evening.

"The Isle of Man Steam Packet has this evening been advised by Mersey Docks and Harbour Company that the Liverpool Landing Stage berth will not be available for use tomorrow morning. Maintenance work by subcontractors is likely to overrun, and in the interests of certainty of service to its passengers, the Steam Packet Company has reluctantly diverted the 07.30 sailing which will now be to Heysham, not Liverpool. The 11.15 from Liverpool to Douglas will now sail at 12.15 but from Heysham. Coach transfers for foot passengers will be arranged in both directions.

The Steam Packet Company sincerely apologises to all passengers affected. "

Archived