Rise In Tt Arrests Due To 'early Intervention'

Lonan3

Energy fm link

Police say there's no need for alarm as a rise in arrests during TT is revealed.

There were 200 made for various offences over a 16 day period from the Sunday of practice week to the Sunday of race week.

The total's up by 36 on figures for the 2006 event.

The number of arrests for public order offences such as drunk and disorderly rose to 73 from 70 last year and 64 the previous year.

There were more assaults, but criminal damage and burglary fell considerably.

Statistics also showed 75% of the people arrested over TT were locals.

Officers have put the increase down to their early intervention policy.

The one about the locals comes as no surprise - even though the figures show 150 'local' arrests in a 16-day period - but why does it have to be that way?

Why is it that the local dickheads can't keep out of trouble for that fortnight?

Is it the smell of racing fuel that sets them off, or is there some unfamiliar ingredient in the burgers?

or it could just be, and this is a long shot mind, the fact that a lot of drinking goes on over those two weeks.........:o

A lot of drinking goes on throughout the year - but it doesn't normally lead to 150 arrests in 16 days.

or it could just be, and this is a long shot mind, the fact that a lot of drinking goes on over those two weeks.........:o

A lot of drinking goes on throughout the year - but it doesn't normally lead to 150 arrests in 16 days.

it could do

anyway there isnt a party atmosphere, lots of people, a fair, a beer tent, and lots of exciting events happening through out the year, people get drunk and tend to do stupid things

I wonder how many of the locals arrested were known by the police to be a local before they were arrested?

What I'm wondering is, are the police more likely to arrest drunken local because they're easier to process and deal with than drunken foreigners?

It is a shame that there are so many locals arrested during the event because they can't seem to behave themselves

I was arrested for sitting on a wall.

I saw a couple of issues dealt with a little too quickly, IMO, which don't serve the best interests of the system. I can see a couple of such incidents getting laughed out of court as not needing to have even got there in the first place. Easy stats IMO.

No way! Am guessing down on the prom where the signs say something like "It is dangerous and prohibited to sit or stand on the wall"?

I know it says not to but still.....

What I'm wondering is, are the police more likely to arrest drunken local because they're easier to process and deal with than drunken foreigners?

It is a shame that there are so many locals arrested during the event because they can't seem to behave themselves

A bit of a generalisation here but in my experience the rest of Europe are far more sensible about alcohol than the "locals". So it's no surprise at all that in the arresting stakes Johnny Foreigner was outnumbered 3 to 1 by local pissed-up chavs.

No way! Am guessing down on the prom where the signs say something like "It is dangerous and prohibited to sit or stand on the wall"?

I know it says not to but still.....

No I wasn't - just referring to posts in a previous thread about being moved along for sitting on the wall.

Archived