[BBC News] Pupils to help reduce vandalism

Newsbot

A new initiative to help cut vandalism in the Isle of Man is being introduced in schools.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7452767.stm

Oooo lets turn all the kiddies in to snitch's and see what happens????? my guess will be that there is more fights in the school playgrounds once the snitch has been found out, maybe even a few stabbings as the poor little hooligan children are above the law :huh:

"Instead of focusing on crimes as they happen we decided to look at what we could do to try to prevent them."

By reporting crimminal activity they are only reporting crimes they've seen happen. So how is this prevention? The crime already happened in order for it to be observed.

Doh!

I think you have both lost the point here !

The School Watch scheme and in turn the signs placed around the school act as a deterent and a reminder to those persons who may be at the schools to commit crimes that the local community are keeping an eye on the area and will report anything suspicious.

It is not about getting the kids to "snitch" on each other about what goes on at school it is about protecting the school and the people who use the school grounds for legitimate reasons.

The cost incurred to the schools due to acts of damage out of school hours runs in the thousands, this money comes out of the individual schools budget, therfore i commend any scheme that helps to keep that money where it belongs, the education of our children!

ML

A new initiative to help cut vandalism in the Isle of Man is being introduced in schools.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7452767.stm

Oooo lets turn all the kiddies in to snitch's and see what happens????? my guess will be that there is more fights in the school playgrounds once the snitch has been found out, maybe even a few stabbings as the poor little hooligan children are above the law :huh:

Archived