25% Increase In Line Rental?

gd0nfn

I'm totally in favor of electronic billing but don't understand why they have chosen to implement a system which requires people to download and install a dedicated application. None of my other online accounts require a dedicated application.

It does seem rather odd I grant you, although apparently you can do quite a lot of whizzy stuff with the online aspect, quite a bit more than simply pay bills.

Then again, I can manage my mortgage, bank account, credit cards and savings account all online with the HSBC, and all I need to do that is a web browser, no extra applications - and there's quite a bit more cash involved there than a phone bill!

Mind you, assuming the online registration process keeps bombing out for me - I might end up being a Luddite in the new brave MT world anyway :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its Cloud9 relaunching in July.

And i dont think C+W will launch a full landline service because there is no money in at and they cant put in new lines so they would have to "rent" or buy MT lines. I think they need the liscense to allow the last mile for broadband services.

I thought they were going to do wireless broadband? Not Sure (heh) how they can do Landlines without digging up the roads, and I've not seen a lot of that? Or is this some kind of LLU?

I think the landlines will be provided via your current copper lines using a 'dongle' to route the calls to wherever. From what I have heard you pick up your phone and dial a couple of digits then dial the number and it will connect you. Have asked for a test of one so will let you know how we fare (assuming the licence is granted of course)

Its Cloud9 relaunching in July.

And i dont think C+W will launch a full landline service because there is no money in at and they cant put in new lines so they would have to "rent" or buy MT lines. I think they need the liscense to allow the last mile for broadband services.

That will be the best comeback since Lazarus if they pull that one off.

I myself believe them to be a Company of funquestionable repute and have no doubt in their ability to rise this phoenix from the ashes. It's all in the "whoracle"...

...GOMH*...

I think the landlines will be provided via your current copper lines using a 'dongle' to route the calls to wherever. From what I have heard you pick up your phone and dial a couple of digits then dial the number and it will connect you. Have asked for a test of one so will let you know how we fare (assuming the licence is granted of course)

So a least cost routing thing? You'll still need to pay MT line rental in that case. I don't see how this could be any cheaper than voip.

i know you probably just want to appear cool and informed and as if youve got your ear to the ground and stuff but making fundamentally incorrect statements with a "word is" and a winking smily at the end only really serves to make you appear a monumental asshat. just fyi.

considering they got a licence for free and that anyone who wants to apply for one is free to do so, id like you to use your ginormous brain cell to explain to everyone here what the resale value of this licence would be. go on, im sure you can if you frown and think really really hard. you also seem to have forgotten that they did actually launch a service here. admittedly it was a bit of a pig but it was a network with a substantial investment. doesnt quite sit with your nonsense does it.

so your tip of the hat and your nudge nudge wink wink really means nothing. in fact, the "word is" that you're a moron.

Simply pasing on what someone who works in Manx Telecommunications told me last week.

Seeing you are so knowledgable can you explain to me how a skeletal staff in a huge empty office were supposed to launch a fucking Mobile Phone Network ? Even with the experience of a similar hashed operation in Gibraltar ?

And considering that so mnay "customers" never recieved ANY service at all how the fuck are they being allowed to re-launch ???

I may well have been wrong with the exact reasons why but fuck me something stinks to hign heaven about the whole shebang.

And while you're at it, where can I reclaim my money for the Cloud 9 Sim Card that I bought ?

Thanks in advance, Einstein...

...GOMH*...

right so its not only completely uninformed bollocks its not even your own completely uninformed bollocks? i dont pretend to know anything about their buisness operations but i do know that for you to repeat allegations on the internet that a company has acted dishonestly and deceptively without a shred of evidence or even a basic appreciation for any of the facts puts YOU on some pretty dodgy ground. not this forum. not your little mate who told you the crap in the first place. YOU.

so what have we learned today kids? this godfather cretin isnt actually capable of rational thought, he just repeats what other people say to him on internet forums so he can presumably achieve a higher score on some internet nerd chart. well done sir, you rule at the internetzzz

right so its not only completely uninformed bollocks its not even your own completely uninformed bollocks? i dont pretend to know anything about their buisness operations but i do know that for you to repeat allegations on the internet that a company has acted dishonestly and deceptively without a shred of evidence or even a basic appreciation for any of the facts puts YOU on some pretty dodgy ground. not this forum. not your little mate who told you the crap in the first place. YOU.

so what have we learned today kids? this godfather cretin isnt actually capable of rational thought, he just repeats what other people say to him on internet forums so he can presumably achieve a higher score on some internet nerd chart. well done sir, you rule at the internetzzz

Look, knobhead, their network didn't fucking work for hundreds of customers.

Thats not conjecture. It's fact. Plain and simple.

And where do you think a "word is" would come from ? Unless I was making it up it would have to come from someone else, NO ?

As for internet nerd charts, I've no idea what the fuck you are on about....

...GOMH*...

...PS I've a genuine belief you have a vested interset anyway...

you can believe what you like son, ive got nothing to do with them. i just love to see idiots like you making fools of themselves by repeating random gossip they hear from their retard mates. it makes me wonder what thought process you go through when someone tells you something. perhaps you should apply some common sense and sanitise what these inbreds slur to you.

im not disputing that the network was a pile of arse. the evidence is right there. i am disputing your completely made up allegation that this was all sort of licence fiddle. whether your mate told you or not, the moment you put it on here and attached your name to it, it became your allegation.

you can believe what you like son, ive got nothing to do with them. i just love to see idiots like you making fools of themselves by repeating random gossip they hear from their retard mates. it makes me wonder what thought process you go through when someone tells you something. perhaps you should apply some common sense and sanitise what these inbreds slur to you.

im not disputing that the network was a pile of arse. the evidence is right there. i am disputing your completely made up allegation that this was all sort of licence fiddle. whether your mate told you or not, the moment you put it on here and attached your name to it, it became your allegation.

Please see amended OP. I've even left in the Freudian typo for your perusal.

Hope this all helps...

...GOMH*...

see how kind i was? i knew youd eventually realise what a complete muppet you looked and youd retract your post so i didnt actually quote it. you can thank me later but thanks for playing.

Well done. Here, have a cookie.

You can crawl back under your rock now and eat it in peace...

...GOMH*...

I can’t see this covered anyplace on the Forum – today I got a letter from Manx Telecom telling me that from 1st July they are going to increase my line rental costs by what seems like 25.3% (from £7.09/month to £9.50/month). If I don’t allow them to take my money by Direct Debit that will cost me another £1 a month and if I will not accept a bill via e-mail another 50p a month.

No choice, but I can pay more if I wish!

Am I unfair in being critical of this monopoly or should I just be happy with their way of extracting money from me?

Do our folk who can’t or don’t wish to use the computer (Windows OS only for the bill decoder) have to take on board these extra costs, just so that MT can make more profit; no mention of the post office who will loose the bill paying business.

I will be interested in your views.

John

Just got that same letter, you're right, it is going to go up a whopping 2 quid a month. However, if you take advantage of a couple of the new things they're adding you'll end up spending a lot less, you neglected to mention that. No news like bad news.

Fail.

ps, you go get 'em GOHM.

Archived