25% Increase In Line Rental?

gd0nfn

Sorry we do not support Apple Macs......What??? is it 1974? I love to phone the helpdesk "Goto your start menu"....I dont have one...I have a fantastic computer though, it just isnt Windoze it OSX. Will I get a reduction because MT are backwards & don't know about Macs?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Mo I read that but, the leaflet says...."We do not support Apple Macintosh" and whenever you phone the help desk they talk in dirty PeeeeCeee language and when you try to talk Mac to them they are flummoxed.

Just wait for "Sure" to launch their Landline and Broadband service on July 13th.

There you go. Problem solved (assuming they are as cheap as I've heard they are going to be, of course)...

...GOMH*...

Will you be able to keep your existing number if you jump ship ;)

Last time I had a fault, I phoned the MT help desk, fault was logged.

Twenty minutes later one of the engineers knocked on my door to come fix the fault.

You just can`t put a price on that sort of service.

Can`t wait for more to "Jump ship", just means I will get an even better service from MT.

Trying to "sign up" online to the MT WebCare system - running like a dog, filled in my details and clicked on "Complete Your Registration" and it's been sat there for 5 minutes now "thinking"....... Not very caring is it!

Just wait for "Sure" to launch their Landline and Broadband service on July 13th.

There you go. Problem solved (assuming they are as cheap as I've heard they are going to be, of course)...

...GOMH*...

Will you be able to keep your existing number if you jump ship ;)

Yes.... I can assure you..... ;)

I love the way that they say they are introducing e-billing on environmental grounds - obviously its better to pretend that you are concerned about your carbon footprint rather than just being greedy bastards who want to do less work and get you to pay more at the same time.

Can`t wait for more to "Jump ship", just means I will get an even better service from MT.

How did you work that one out? Less customers = less income = less to spend on wages and services = poorer service and higher prices. Also, they will have to start advertising the reasons why people should be their customers rather than c+w customers. They have never had to spend money on this before, so they need money for a marketing campaign. Where do you think this money is going to come from? Oh yeah, higher costs for existing customers.

How did you work that one out? Less customers = less income = less to spend on wages and services = poorer service and higher prices. Also, they will have to start advertising the reasons why people should be their customers rather than c+w customers. They have never had to spend money on this before, so they need money for a marketing campaign. Where do you think this money is going to come from? Oh yeah, higher costs for existing customers.

Just a suggestion...if I wanted to cut costs then I would make about 100 staff redundant, stop all investments in the network, put all the switching equipment in the UK or Channel Islands (C & W do this I believe) and outsource the 24 hour service centre to India. Fuck this "keep it local" shit, I'm after cheap calls.

Oh and I wouldn't bother advertising...costs a fortune over here as those in the know will know.

100 staff couldn't realistically be laid off because of political pressure (never mind the struggle it would put the company under), which such a large organisation is influenced by pretty heavily with grants and contracts and such.

Moving switching equipment isn't realistic (especially until on the NGN) and wouldn't really offer a reduction in costs - the relocation would also be very expensive. C+W do this because they already have operations in the CI.

Moving the call centres would be a complete mistake, it's doubtful savings would be meaningful (MT's call center is relatively small compared to the UK organisations you're effectively comparing it to who have outsourced) and obviously MT would feel the many negatives.

If MT don't advertise then they won't get customers in the mobile/broadband market. No company with positive cashflows would cut costs by destroying all their advertising, they would lose profits and their customer base.

But less customers doesn't necessarily mean higher prices (at least in a competitive market), really it should mean lower profits.

Archived