Peel Pirates Family Fun Day - Sunday 6th July 2008

sunsetcitysiren

PIRATES will be looting Peel next month ... but it's all in the name of charity.

The town will host a Pirates Family Fun Day on July 6 as part of the Sunset Island Festival to raise funds for Hospice Isle of Man. It's a brand new event for Peel, and the Isle Of Man.

Organisers said there was already a lot of local interest in the event, but they wanted as many Island retailers as possible to set up stalls on the day in return for donations to the cause. All money raised on the day will stay on the Isle Of Man, going towards the amazing work that takes place at Hospice Isle Of Man.

A committee has set up to make it happen, involving a range of people from the Peel community.

Peel Promenade will be pedestrianised from Weatherglass Corner to Walpole Road for the party, due to run from 11am to 6pm.

Visitors will enjoy funfair-type stalls, street-games, massive inflatables, bouncy castle, a huge Fred Flintstone slide, fete stalls and children's entertainment provided by Switched On Entertainment.

And yes, there'll be ice cream too!

There will be a performance by the Manx Sax Ensemble and in keeping with the theme, the Manx Gilbert and Sullivan Society will perform excerpts from The

Pirates of Penzance during the afternoon.

Prizes will be up for grabs for the best-dressed pirate and pirate family who shiver judges' timbers.

The event itself has had no overall funding - just income from traders and businesses booking pitches and banners for the day. Retailers interested in exhibiting their products can book a pitch for the day, for £50 fee. Businesses can have a banner displayed on the promenade for a £50 donation, or can choose a spot for their banner for a £75 donation. Catering firms can book a pitch for a £100 donation and 10 per cent of profits.

We still need lots of help from businesses and volunteers alike so to get involved.

E-mail Becky: thegirlbeck@yahoo.co.uk or Cheryl: csb@manx.net for further info

We look forward to seeing you on the day - you'll have a great time.

PUT IT IN YOUR DIARY NOW - PEEL PROMENADE, SUNDAY 6th JULY 2008 - 11am to 6pm

Visitors will enjoy funfair-type stalls, street-games, massive inflatables, bouncy castle, a huge Fred Flintstone slide, fete stalls and children's entertainment provided by Switched On Entertainment.

I hope the weather is fine & it is a success but your pronouncement reminds me of being sent on a day out by my parents when as a kid I was less than entusistic about going. It is not so much that you can enjoy funfair type stalls etc but that you will do so whether you like it or not!

I hope the weather is fine & it is a success but your pronouncement reminds me of being sent on a day out by my parents when as a kid I was less than entusistic about going. It is not so much that you can enjoy funfair type stalls etc but that you will do so whether you like it or not!

Well I'm adult - and I'm hoping for a quick private session on the inflatables, the Disco Dome will be great fun too!!!

Well I'm adult - and I'm hoping for a quick private session on the inflatables

Is that offer open to everyone?

Sadly no, but it could be a good idea for next year... perhaps we could close the event at 6 and re-open it for Adults Only. That could be quite a money-spinner!

I hope the weather is fine

Me too - it's been great for most of May and June and now it's gone rotten. Parish Walk weekend was just dreadful, I'm hoping this phase of bad weather has now past. Today has been a bit naff too, but the sun is now shining on Peel Promenade!!!

Well I'm adult - and I'm hoping for a quick private session on the inflatables

Is that offer open to everyone?

Sadly no, but it could be a good idea for next year... perhaps we could close the event at 6 and re-open it for Adults Only. That could be quite a money-spinner!

Jolly Rodger anyone?

Archived