Bbc / Tt Poll

The_Godfather

As alway's after the TT - the big arguement of should it stay or go has also travelled to the BBC forum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/isleofman/content/art...esponse#comment

I am not sure it has because from memory that was posted during the centenary TT and there were two features. (Actually I have just checked and there were 14 such features) The anti fan, which you link and the in favour happy fan. To me that was fairly balanced as it gave both views. The comments though do amuse me as posters categorically state that the anti's are a minority, or that he can not be a real Manx person if he is not in favour of the TT.

As far as I am aware no survey has ever been done with regard to the % for and against the TT although I would expect their would be a large % in favour. I was until I had a family and kids so now I mainly experience the disdavantages and few of the advantages. I also never understand why many of those who are in favour do not recognise the anti's view point. I appreciate they may not agree with it but it is almost that it is blasphamy not to be a huge fan of the TT and everything it includes.

or that he can not be a real Manx person if he is not in favour of the TT.

The usual bollocks.

Sick to death of hearing shit like that.

It is interesting that this forum has been going on for over a year, and it doesn't seem to come up with anything other than the old chestnuts - the TT was there before you were and etc...

I love the change in the atmosphere over TT, and most of the incomers are really friendly people who just want to be around bikes. They come from all over the world, and these are people who without the TT would never have heard about our tiny island. A lot will come back to enjoy the Island outside TT, too.

The TT is now very much a part of the Island's heritage, like it or not. Anything that can be done to make it safer, while still allowing everyone to enjoy themselves should be welcomed. And trying to stop some of the locals from making assholes out of themselves by showing off and taking abnormal risks during the period would help.

If you live on the course and hate it, then move somewhere away from it - you don't have to stay there, and there's loads of places on the Island that remain quiet. Or you can make loads of money renting your house out for the period while you go away to the Costa Del Sun.

As for the traffic on the Prom, yes, I've taken 3/4 hour to get from one end to the other in rush hour. It takes it out on both you and the car. Well, you don't have to drive along the Prom - in fact at times, the horse tram is quicker, and it's certainly more eco friendly! Wish the car went on oats and hay, it'd be a lot cheaper than petrol!

There's so much to say, and it has all been said before.

Yawn.... Zzzzzzzz :)

It is interesting that this forum has been going on for over a year, and it doesn't seem to come up with anything other than the old chestnuts - the TT was there before you were and etc...

Some people like it, some hate it. The arguments for that you present are pretty weak. 'it's part of the islands history', so is illegal homosexuality, birching and Nigel Mansell, all of which we're happy to move on from.

Simple answer, there is a boat in the morning

You're not up to date on this - the phrase was changed a while ago - the official version is now:

There might be a boat in the morning.

You're not up to date on this - the phrase was changed a while ago - the official version is now:

Just to add a little to that for accuracy: There might be a boat in the morning. Destination as yet unknown.

Just to add a little to that for accuracy: There might be a boat in the morning. Destination as yet unknown.

..and: There might be a boat in the morning. Destination as yet unknown. And it may or may not run aground or crash into a passing cargo ship.

Archived