[BBC News] Rise in people seeking drugs help

Newsbot

Ok, lets get the ball rolling with a bit of controversy to see what opinions are out there with regards cannabis.

This has been in many past topics and one could probably copy and paste certain articles due to their frequency.

There has been umpteen talks on the classification of this drug and since skunk cannabis is regarded as the one which affects peoples mental health, would it not be better to make skunk a Class B drug, whilst normal cannabis a Class C drug?

I'm not advocating the use of cannabis, although one could see the benefits for people with MS or Parkinsons.

So lets get the ball rolling and see what people think <_<

Back later....

Ok, lets get the ball rolling with a bit of controversy to see what opinions are out there with regards cannabis.

This has been in many past topics and one could probably copy and paste certain articles due to their frequency.

There has been umpteen talks on the classification of this drug and since skunk cannabis is regarded as the one which affects peoples mental health, would it not be better to make skunk a Class B drug, whilst normal cannabis a Class C drug?

I'm not advocating the use of cannabis, although one could see the benefits for people with MS or Parkinsons.

So lets get the ball rolling and see what people think <_<

Back later....

I am with you on that, like alcohol mild use of basic cannabis has been proven to do little harm, after all if it did half the scientists, doctors, engineers and other professionals who went to Uni in the 70's would be working at McDonolds or shoprite now. Cannabis or should I say THC has a proven value for the likes of MS, Parkinsons, Arthritis etc without many of the side effects of prescription pain killers, in fact I have been know to add some resin to my tea when joint pains get bad.

I am with you on that, like alcohol mild use of basic cannabis has been proven to do little harm, after all if it did half the scientists, doctors, engineers and other professionals who went to Uni in the 70's would be working at McDonolds or shoprite now. Cannabis or should I say THC has a proven value for the likes of MS, Parkinsons, Arthritis etc without many of the side effects of prescription pain killers, in fact I have been know to add some resin to my tea when joint pains get bad.

Fibreglass resin i'm sure ;)

I personally don't see the harm in it, I've always thought it's bollocks when people say that it opens the door to harder drugs, I think people that are willing to do harder drugs would do them regardless.

In my opinion Alcohol is far more harmful to you, society, family etc etc...

It makes alot of people violent, irational and more likely to do something stupid, I know placid people who can get particularly nasty when drunk, starts fights with people if they annoy them in the slightest, when we were younger and spent some weekends in a "green haze" we used to have the best of times watching MTV, eating, wandering around thinking that everything was so cool, like how do the fish, get in the river??? Look at them CRAZY LITTLE FUCKERS!!!

I would trade meeting a group of drunk scallies in a dark alley for a group of pot heads any day!

I would trade meeting a group of drunk scallies in a dark alley for a group of pot heads any day!

Too true it's hard for anyone to get violent when giggling like fuck and having the munchies :weee:

Having known someone who used Cannabis for medical reasons, and been through all the reasoning with them, I can't see why it is not available on prescription.

Drugs should in general, however, be banned from indiscriminate use and should not be freely available. You've only got to read the newspapers/watch tv to see what it does to potheads.

If it were possible to implement and wouldn't cost so much in man power so called 'skunk/super skunk,' the likes of which the island rarely if ever sees anyway, should be reclassified to 'B' but low grade resin? Nah 'C' is enough in my book.To be honest I reckon ALL drugs should be decriminalised.The so-called War on Drugs is never going to be won.It isn't even making a dent.

Lets take the money out of drugs.

"Cracklife, who'd want to live it, why'd you want to smoke a substance that will crush your soul and your spirit?" LIFE, Cracklife.2006

Sorry folks but best believe crack rock is on your block... :angry:

resin? Havent you listened to the GLC? Soap bar is the name of the song and I think you needs to listen to it fella :)

Who? could you repeat all that in easily understandable english not a clue who GLC is

resin? Havent you listened to the GLC? Soap bar is the name of the song and I think you needs to listen to it fella :)

Who? could you repeat all that in easily understandable english not a clue who GLC is

I think the Bees is talking about 'Goldie Lookin Chain'

http://www.youknowsit.co.uk/lowtech/glc_news.htm

Just looked at the link and narrow minded people should avoid it.

DASH Manager Shelly Craig says cocaine also seems to be replacing ecstasy as the most popular recreational drug on the island

Quite right. We're a wealthy low tax economy - who wants e when you can afford coke?

I think the Bees is talking about 'Goldie Lookin Chain'

http://www.youknowsit.co.uk/lowtech/glc_news.htm

Just looked at the link and narrow minded people should avoid it.

Having also looked at the link I think anyone capable of independant thought should avoid it

Archived