Dip, Dip...

ai_Droid

Places to walk your dog...Molly Quirks glen,but dont dare walk there with your dog,drive and park at the bottom of the whitebridge but be quick,the place is filling up with dog shit very fast.

Ramsey opposite the Mooragh park where the rugger and gaelic footy is played.I sometimes have my dinner on the front there and some old cunt with a border collie arrives every time at twelve to let his dog shit on the fields.

The railway lines from Union Mills to Greeba is one big dog shit fest.

Owners should be made to pick up the dog piss too though i havent worked out how yet.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We interpreted the Douglas Beach law as that the dogs have to be on a lead.

On the sign it says that dogs may not be at large from April to Sept - and looking 'at large' up in the dictionary it means - non restrained...

So we think that it is ok as long as the dogs are on a lead - otherwise the sign does not make it clear enough...

According to the bilaw:

Here's the closest thing to a legal definition I can find:

"At large" means any animal found off the property of its owner and not under restraint, or any animal has been subject of a previous at large complaint when found unrestrained whether or not on or off property of its owner, or any animal previously determined to be dangerous or potentially dangerous that is not confined to a secure enclosure while on the property of it's owner.

Adequate restraint is defined as a secure enclosure located on the owners property, or a chain, leash or other physical or electronic device of sufficient strength which allows the owner to maintain control of an animal. Voice command is not adequate restraint.

well here is the actual wording in the in the interprtation section (30) of the dogs act

"at large", in relation to a dog, means not on a lead or under the effective control of a person aged 10 years or over;

the key word in there is OR. and as 'effective control' is not defined ANYWHERE in the dogs act, there is no legal requirement to have a dog on a lead anywhere. and as the byelaws can only add to the dogs act and not contradict it, NO LEADS. the effective control having no deffinition is wahere all the ambiguity over what is and what is not allowed stems from. what the act ought to do and what it can actually do in this regard are 2 very different things.

Totally against people who do not clear up after their animals but this is more unenforceable legislation (proliferation of speed limits, mobile phones while driving, seat belts, cyclists and red lights etc) that actually has reduced peoples' respect for the law and anyb authority. No wonder the UK is going to the dogs.....excuse the pun!

Owners should be made to pick up the dog piss too though i havent worked out how yet.

lick?? :D

Luckily, the rain over the last couple of days has sorted that out. :P

it got washed down to the beach to join all of ours.

We interpreted the Douglas Beach law as that the dogs have to be on a lead.

On the sign it says that dogs may not be at large from April to Sept - and looking 'at large' up in the dictionary it means - non restrained...

So we think that it is ok as long as the dogs are on a lead - otherwise the sign does not make it clear enough...

According to the bilaw:

Here's the closest thing to a legal definition I can find:

"At large" means any animal found off the property of its owner and not under restraint, or any animal has been subject of a previous at large complaint when found unrestrained whether or not on or off property of its owner, or any animal previously determined to be dangerous or potentially dangerous that is not confined to a secure enclosure while on the property of it's owner.

Adequate restraint is defined as a secure enclosure located on the owners property, or a chain, leash or other physical or electronic device of sufficient strength which allows the owner to maintain control of an animal. Voice command is not adequate restraint.

well here is the actual wording in the in the interprtation section (30) of the dogs act

"at large", in relation to a dog, means not on a lead or under the effective control of a person aged 10 years or over;

the key word in there is OR. and as 'effective control' is not defined ANYWHERE in the dogs act, there is no legal requirement to have a dog on a lead anywhere. and as the byelaws can only add to the dogs act and not contradict it, NO LEADS. the effective control having no deffinition is wahere all the ambiguity over what is and what is not allowed stems from. what the act ought to do and what it can actually do in this regard are 2 very different things.

When asked about this in Ramsey I was told that if a dog failed to respond to an owners recall it would be considered to be at large, and that a lead wasn't needed if a recall was reliable.

that is a fair enough view of it Grianane, but when it comes to court it would a different he said she said and what an individual thinks is ok another may think isn't. even with a video it would be subjective as to whether it is ok or not depending on the viewers oppinion.

However, the amount of things you can catch from raw sewerage from the outlet in Douglas Bay in far more than you'll get from a dog.

There has been no raw sewerage outlet in the bay for several years, not since opening of the IRIS plant at Meary Veg

Raw sewerage is now spread over the fields in Santon instead, or at least it was for quite a while

However, the amount of things you can catch from raw sewerage from the outlet in Douglas Bay in far more than you'll get from a dog.

There has been no raw sewerage outlet in the bay for several years, not since opening of the IRIS plant at Meary Veg

Raw sewerage is now spread over the fields in Santon instead, or at least it was for quite a while

wakey wakey. you don't get that stench and water colour at the bottom of broadway TT week from 'not' sewage.

When dogs were given bones to gnaw on, dog shit used to go white quickly and didn't look quite so bad. I try to give my dogs bones, but it's not always easy to get them from the butcher these days. Where do they all go - to restaurants for stock, to the incinerator? Anyone know?

Anyway, I think cat shit is worse - cats randomly go anywhere they like and there's no requirement for owners to follow them round with a 'catty bag'.

wakey wakey. you don't get that stench and water colour at the bottom of broadway TT week from 'not' sewage.

I thought that was to do with the effluent/waste from the creamery being pipped into the bay. Either way Douglas Bay is not a pleasant place to swim.

Archived