Dip, Dip...

ai_Droid

However, the amount of things you can catch from raw sewerage from the outlet in Douglas Bay in far more than you'll get from a dog.

There has been no raw sewerage outlet in the bay for several years, not since opening of the IRIS plant at Meary Veg

Raw sewerage is now spread over the fields in Santon instead, or at least it was for quite a while

wakey wakey. you don't get that stench and water colour at the bottom of broadway TT week from 'not' sewage.

I thought that was to do with the effluent/waste from the creamery being pipped into the bay. Either way Douglas Bay is not a pleasant place to swim.

first it was the seaweed, now its whey from the creameries ??( which is light in coulour, not brown ) that are the cause of the smell on the prom. unlikely, but the government is never going to say it's still sewage ( or ever was) that is the problem. the iris scheme has never worked properly since day one, ( like most recent capital expenditures ) and i'm sure a proper analasys would show what is in the bay. we just don't need government doing it and telling us the results to find out. had to laugh when i first heard the seaweed excuse, i suppose if you soaked seaweed in garlic it would smell of garlic?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When dogs were given bones to gnaw on, dog shit used to go white quickly and didn't look quite so bad. I try to give my dogs bones, but it's not always easy to get them from the butcher these days. Where do they all go - to restaurants for stock, to the incinerator? Anyone know?

Anyway, I think cat shit is worse - cats randomly go anywhere they like and there's no requirement for owners to follow them round with a 'catty bag'.

Ooh that pisses me off when cats shit on my lawn, I recently started picking it up with a shovel and launching it into any neighbours gardens who own cats, I don't see why my garden should be their pet's toilet, smelly little bastards, if I wanted shit on my lawn i'd go out and curl one out myself!

And there was myself hoping to have a swim in Douglas Bay as i use to many moons ago, guess i had better for go the pleasure.

There's a bloke swims in douglas bay pretty much every morning. He doesn't seem to be dead.

And there was myself hoping to have a swim in Douglas Bay as i use to many moons ago, guess i had better for go the pleasure.

There's a bloke swims in douglas bay pretty much every morning. He doesn't seem to be dead.

There is hope for me then. :D

Yes, but that isn't fake tan he's wearing.....

When dogs were given bones to gnaw on, dog shit used to go white quickly and didn't look quite so bad. I try to give my dogs bones, but it's not always easy to get them from the butcher these days. Where do they all go - to restaurants for stock, to the incinerator? Anyone know?

Anyway, I think cat shit is worse - cats randomly go anywhere they like and there's no requirement for owners to follow them round with a 'catty bag'.

Ooh that pisses me off when cats shit on my lawn, I recently started picking it up with a shovel and launching it into any neighbours gardens who own cats, I don't see why my garden should be their pet's toilet, smelly little bastards, if I wanted shit on my lawn i'd go out and curl one out myself!

A plastic coke or similar bottle half full of water placed in the garden works the cats hate it, it seems to freak them out for some reason they then go shit elsewhere

A plastic coke or similar bottle half full of water placed in the garden works the cats hate it, it seems to freak them out for some reason they then go shit elsewhere

Yeah we have two of those! Bit unsightly but then again better than a nice steaming pile of shite!

I'm wondering if waterboarding would put a cat off returning....just need to catch one of the little bastards and i'll test the theory :lol:

There is hope for me then. :D

Wasn't sure it was ever called 'swimming' in Douglas bay - weren't people just 'going through the motions'?

Archived