Bad Weather Forecast -

monasqueen

This warning has appeared on the Steam Packet's website today:

"Severe Weather Warning for Sunday 22 and Monday 23 June

The current forecast for midday Sunday until midday Monday is suggesting that Fastcraft sailings in the Irish Sea may have to be cancelled due to the severe weather conditions.

The Company will continue to monitor the weather forecasts but in the meantime passengers with bookings on Sunday in particular are strongly recommended to transfer to alternative sailings on Saturday or later in the week to minimise any disruption to their journeys.

Passengers transferring will not be charged any amendment fees but please note that this will be done on a first come first served basis and space will be subject to availability.

Our call centre can be contacted on:

0871 2221333 (UK)

1800 805055 (ROI)

661661 (IOM)"

Woops - Might not be getting home on Sunday then! (Now in First Class on "Viking")

What's all this about the Viking having first class I was led to believe upstairs was just a larger cattle pen with a free coffee machine

Oh no, its that damn festival next week and I so do not want it to rain, nor be windy. Can we please all focus on the sun (with your third eye ofc) and do a little sunshine dance for thebees and her friends. Thanks.

The Steam Packet website indicates that all tomorrows "fast" craft sailings are cancelled. Ben should have been having a night off tonight, for routine maintenance, but she appears to be listed as coming back from Heysham at 02.15 tomorrow, so the conventional vessel will be keeping the service going.

So this is allegedly a "rare" gale - wonder what a "well done" one is like? :)

"Due to Severe Adverse Weather Conditons all sailings between Douglas/Liverpool and Douglas/Dublin on Sunday 22nd June have been CANCELLED.

To change your booking please contact our Reservation Team on the following telephone numbers.

0871 2221333 (UK)

1800 805055 (ROI)

661661 (IOM)"

Oh no, its that damn festival next week and I so do not want it to rain, nor be windy. Can we please all focus on the sun (with your third eye ofc) and do a little sunshine dance for thebees and her friends. Thanks.

If I pray incessantly to Ra/Thoth (sun god of your choice) for you for next weekend, could you reciprocate for me for the second weekend in July please?

Summer solstice my arse.

You're in the area - is that right that 30k folks turned up wearing sheets at 4:58 am to stand around in the pissing rain?

Seems to me they're praying to the wrong god...

Archived