Lens Flair

Amadeus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agghhhh! I tried not to post in here because of the stupid snobbery that goes with photography, but I wanted to share a sunset with you. Sorry.

2e4do5z.jpg

Any way, trying to get my boy into a spot of twitching - and I've learned something alongside teaching him. I've never heard of the Black tailed Godwit until we looked it up.

Happy days

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sort of accidentally. I was using my 50mm F1.8 lens and had it stopped down to 1.8 so I could get a shot of the foxglove that would stand out, then the bee appeared from inside the flower and I got a few shots whilst it messed around, and as it turns out the settings I was using made the most of the shot. :)

One of the new inhabitants of the Wild Life Park, on lookout duty. These little critters smell like beer tent toilet at the end of the TT fortnight, but they look cutesy:

Comparethemeerkat.jpg

One of the new inhabitants of the Wild Life Park, on lookout duty. These little critters smell like beer tent toilet at the end of the TT fortnight, but they look cutesy:

Comparethemeerkat.jpg

Hello all Manxie men, I not sell you car insurance I just here to find job in cleaning, simples.

Here are some efforts from the last couple of nights. I did bracketed exposures on a tripod for (most of) these so that all the colours and tones could be captured, but I have done some vibrance & saturation tweaks in some cases as well, perhaps not as much as some people might imagine though.

I realise that some people have a strong dislike for these sort of pics, but I like them. Some more than others, ie one of the hango hill ones looks a bit too 'in yer face' I think but I'm undecided.

The one with the car lights was awkward. I didn't really want them but it's a busy road and with 3 separate long exposures to get the pic it was tricky not to get them. I could have been more patient and got a shot without, but I couldn't be @rsed.

This is sort of just experimentation really, and practise at doing landscapes in low light.

Hope someone will enjoy them anyway. :)

Pooilvaish2.jpg

Pooilvaish4.jpg

GroynNew.jpg

Nettle2topaz.jpg

HangoNEW2.jpg

HangoNew.jpg

Pooilvaish1NEW.jpg

Thanks pal. I'm very new to doing much other than family snaps etc and plain landscapes. I have an idea in my head as to the kind of scenes that I'd like to have good enough to print and hang on my walls eventually, but I have a gap in ability that I'm trying to slowly close to get towards what I want. So I'm doing lots of experimenting to find out what's what.

That and I have to use my camera shedloads after just spending a bucketload on a new lens that I shouldn't really have! :unsure:

Here's one or two from the other night. First effort at doing light trails and stuff. Traffic was very infrequent so sadly didn't get anywhere near what I was hoping for but it's all practise.

Trails3.jpg

Here's a failed effort where I tried to overlay a few but it just looks a bit wrong really:

Trails1.jpg

Then whilst I was bored waiting for cars I remembered there was a torch in the car, and things like this got experimented with due to two childish & puerile minds at work:

Light1a.jpg

I'll spare you all the light painting stuff that went on from here in.....

Archived